Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Oooo...charming!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,
Did do a search of charm bracelets, and found them mostly on the bracelet itself then the charms. My mama actually found a dangly charm bracelet, and I bought a 99p charm off of ebay - it's lovely...it's the only on the bracelet though and it's of a bear because I'm just a little obbsessed. I also bought for 99p on ebay, an Italian Charm bracelet, and when I get paid, I'm hoping to start getting more charms of this that represent stuff that mean something to me i.e. names of the Italian bracelet possibly of all my friends, and on the dangly bracelet, trinkets like bears, angels etc...

If you have a charm bracelet, what charms do you have, where did you get them and do the charms mean anything to you?

Malt x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Unbeknowns to me and my sister, my grandma kept a collection of charms for many years. When she died, my dad was told to give me and my sister a bracelet each and to choose one by one, the charms we wanted.

I picked things like a spider in a web, a handbag, and also in the collection was a solid silver Smash Man charm. I had that made into a pendant instead, so I could wear it when I wanted.

Our 2 charm bracelets have now been put away for when we're older.

Ilora x
    My Mum has a really old charm bracelet she got when she got married, it has loads of things on it, but I remember there being a £100 note and a £50 note in little gold cases on it. When I was ickle I used to look at it in my Mums jewellery box and dream about how many My Little Ponys I could buy with that £100 note!
    Aww your stories are so cute!
    I, sadly, do not have a charm bracelet. Although I would like one.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    My godparents started a charm bracelet for me when I was christened, then gave me a charm for my birthday every year until I turned 21. My parents bought me a chunkier bracelet for my 21st and took over buying me charms - all of them are relevant to my interestes at the time or an event that happened during that year. Its one of the most precious things I have!
    my mum's got a charm bracelet and it's got things like a £50 note, a lantern, a rocking horse. they're the only ones i can remember!
    I got a charm bracelet for my 18th birthday.
    ive got one

my mum bought me the bracelet itself for my 16th

got a cherub, a cyprus map (from my holiday), a bird which is my most expensive, bought it using most of the inheritance my gran left my as she always loved birds, an eeyore, and 18 key type thing, a tiny gold sledge from switzerland

cant remember them all at the m, hoping to add a car to it soon when i pass!
    Char_Baby wrote:
    ive got one

my mum bought me the bracelet itself for my 16th

got a cherub, a cyprus map (from my holiday), a bird which is my most expensive, bought it using most of the inheritance my gran left my as she always loved birds, an eeyore, and 18 key type thing, a tiny gold sledge from switzerland

cant remember them all at the m, hoping to add a car to it soon when i pass!

they're really nice ones, it's a lovely idea getting things that mean something like yours do.

whereas my mums lantern isn't going to really mean anything.
    they're really nice ones, it's a lovely idea getting things that mean something like yours do.

whereas my mums lantern isn't going to really mean anything.
    Nothings stopping you making your own, i think its such a lovely idea when mothers pass them down to daughters etc, you could do it as well
    i have a couple, charms include a treble clef, a skier, a cross, a leaf, a buddha, a razorblade (i did this film about suicide - it made sense at the time)

mostly people buy me pendants though, or earrings that have special meanings