Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

worried about burn

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On tuesday i burnt myself deliberatly, it came up in a blister, which i accedently popped the next day, now it has gone really red and sore, it also doesnt look too good! does anyone have any suggestions?? i have posted 2 pics of it.

thanx

xx emz xx

Comments

• Options
    keep it covered.
    like that (uncovered) it is very prone to infection.
    but DO NOT put any cremes / ointments on it.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I think it should be alright as long as you give it plenty of air and try not to let anything rub it (or pick at it :p) I think the main problem with it is that it is in an awkward area. However, if it doesn't start to heal then maybe see someone about it.

However, if you are quite worried about it there is no harm in asking your pharmacist. I'm sure they will be able to advise what creams etc you can put on it to aid the healing process.
  • Options
    you can buy creams specially for burns, and I think you can buy special plasters for burns too.
    Burns do hurt like fuck though, isnt there some less painful way of self harming?
  • Options
    Burns do hurt like fuck though, isnt there some less painful way of self harming?

no there isnt, as i promised my friends and mum that i wouldnt do it, at least with a burn i can say that burnt it cooking or something, a cut they would know ive done myself.
  • Options
    i've burnt myself in the past, if it penetrates deep enough you don't feel anything at all.
    tbh though, 1 way i found helped was to hold an ice cube on my skin instead of burning myself, and it didn't damage me at all. - although it took some time to learn.
    a forgotten angel, may be you could try that? but if you want to chat about anything, you can always pm me too. :)
  • Options
    thanx otter i will try to remember that!

thanx 4 the advice everyone

xx emz xx