Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Returning to Work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this post is probably gonna sound really lame, but Im sat here with butterflies in my tummy about a pathetic little 3 hour shift on the tils at asda this evening.

I havent worked since November, and since then as well as becoming a mummy my whole life has pretty much turned upside down too.

Up until today I was really looking forward to getting back, catching up with ma old workmates, getting out the house to do something other than all things baby related.

But now Im bricking it, scared I wont remember what to do, scared no one will remember me, scared of all the endless questions about everything that I just cant face answering, scared Im just not gonna cope. Im normally a super confident in most situations, so just not used to this feeling of fear!!

Not sure what the purpose of this post is, just wanted a rant I think, but anyone whos gone back to work after a while away and survived to tell the tale, it would be nice to hear from you, cheers!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As soon as you sit in the chair it'll be like you've never been away, you'll probably be buzzing when your shift ends and won't want to go home. :D

Have a good time. :thumb:
    How did it go?
    yeah went ok ta!! was a bit weird at first but really good to catch up with everyone, a few awkward questions, and i was knakard after a teeny 3 hour shift, but feels good to have some independance back, working all day tomorra, so will see how that goes, thanks guys :)
    good to hear that :)

you were probably so knackered cos of stressing, tomorrow should be easier

good luck