Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Plans for Summer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So how long has everyone got before school/college/uni is out? I submitt my last 2 assignments on Monday, then i've got untill September (when my post grad starts). I plan to spend it doing all the things i didn't have time for whilst at uni. I'm going to learn to play my stratacaster, i'm going to paint, go to the gymn and hang out with my mates more. Whats everyone else got planned?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i will be going home and working in a shit job for the whole summer as i need to save money to pay for my accommodation next year!!i would love to have some time off and chill out but i cant.... :crying:
    I work, but I am having 3 weeks off in the summer. Going surfing in Cornwall for a week with freinds. Then I am spending 2 weeks in Dubai.
    Sorry did not realise that this thread was in 'student' how dumb of me!
    Ha Ha thats ok..
    My holiday starts June 22, so it'll be a very long summer for me. And apart from going away for a bit at the beginning of July, I have no plans at all...
    work... work... and ermmmm.... more work. :(
    quite sad really isn't it... but necessary. :yes:
    but hopefully, i might get some time off near the end of the summer :yippe:
    Work
    im not a student YET but i will be in september! :)
    for me, my exams finish in the end of june, then im *hopefully* going to get a part time job working as a trainee art director for a movie thats being filmed around that time *fingers crossed!!*
    and theeen im going to normandy for 3 weeks :p should be fun
    I'm doing sod all really. Going to Cornwall and Ibiza for the holls this year.

EDIT: Doh. I'm not a stoodent :/.
    My last exam is on May 20th. I'm then going home for a week, going to the fiancee's for a few days, going back to Oxford and working all summer. Then I'm working at fresher's week so back to uni on the 19th September. How exciting :|
    My last exam is on the 22nd of June. I'm working full time after that ('cept for a week off in July) and I'll be spending plenty of time going out and spending all the money I'm meant to be saving. Then I'll be heading down to Oxford around the same time as MoonArcanum for fresher's week. Woo yay.
    i'm finished now. no exams or anything until i start my second year of uni in september.

i work sundays. that's it. so going to try and get some temping work.

needs must. :grump:
    Working for a property development company. Really looking forward to putting into practice all the stuff I've learned this year. Like bending moments, sheer foces, stress and strain all that stuff. Should be really good as well as actually doing practical stuff.
    I finish exams 21st May (a week away :thumb: ), going home for a few days, coming back up and enjoying social life that comes with the end of exams (like going to see Dr Karl from Neighbours play live with his "band":D) am going to Paris for 3 days, then going home june sometime...when I run out of money!). Working at home all summer how rubbish, until July 23rd when I go to Poland to teach kids English and have free sightseeing trip around Poland, get back end August, then 4th Sept I go to Russia for 9 months....eek.
    (like going to see Dr Karl from Neighbours play live with his "band":D)

you lucky thing. :o :grump:

;)
    Lol, Dr Karl is coming to our student union this week I think! Lol

i've not heard that he's coming to mine. :o:p

tell him about paul! ;)
    My exams finish 25th May but my boyfriend doesn't finish until 3rd june so will stay to spend few more days with him, then I'll go home for week, then because I'm kind of in the Army I have to do some training so I' going to scotland for 10 days, Italy sailing a tall ship for 11 days and may get to go to canada for 4 weeks!! Also will spend a week in cornwall seeing my boyfriend, then hopefully he will come up to west midlands to stay with me for a week. So, its all go!!
    My exams finish 25th May but my boyfriend doesn't finish until 3rd june so will stay to spend few more days with him, then I'll go home for week, then because I'm kind of in the Army I have to do some training so I' going to scotland for 10 days, Italy sailing a tall ship for 11 days and may get to go to canada for 4 weeks!! Also will spend a week in cornwall seeing my boyfriend, then hopefully he will come up to west midlands to stay with me for a week. So, its all go!!
    are you doing an army cadetship then? or is it TA? or UOTC?
    - good luck witht the training :)
    otter wrote:
    are you doing an army cadetship then? or is it TA? or UOTC?
    - good luck witht the training :)

I went to the Army sixth form college after passing officer selection and now i'm in the DTUS (Defence Technical Undergraduate Scheme) where I am an officer cadet attached to TA and sponsored by Royal Logistics Corps. I have to do 45 days training each year but get a bursary as well as pay for the training days! Are you in something like this, hence your interest?
    I'm going to the Download festival after exams, then going to Ecuador in the first week of august for 6 months. Oh yes.
    i've not heard that he's coming to mine. :o:p

tell him about paul! ;)

Hey Lucifer, we've got Karl K in Plymouth for our Student ball... Mates at Bristol said its bit shyte really, he only plays a couple of songs... Well he maybe the Doc but his songs werent anythin to get excited about anyway!
    I finish exams on 2nd june, then working full time and my notice at work where i shall leave on 8th July (hopefully) before graduating on the 14th july and then going to canada on 19th july til 10th september after that I have no idea. :D
    Decode wrote:
    said its bit shyte really

i didn't really expect it to be anything but. :p