Home› Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

looks like a got that stupidjob.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
beep bleep beep bleep beep bleep, is my new life soundtrack. "whats the code for the cucumber 35484359?" :yeees:

oh great.

Do the general mass feel it somewhat demoralising and lame, such a checkout job.

Comments

• Options
    supermarket work aint badly paid for what you do, i think you'll be alright! you doing it full time? or part time and studying or something?

doing a job is certainly better than not.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    supermarket work aint badly paid for what you do, i think you'll be alright! you doing it full time? or part time and studying or something?

doing a job is certainly better than not.

Part time just now because im studying..but who knows for summer. The lady was really nice but i just did.not.want.to.do.tills.

oh well, i guess getting paid, being able to finish my tattoos and having a flat will make up for it. :yeees:
  • Options
    part time work is great while studying, i did it all through uni, widens your circle of friends and the money is very handy! you also cant be spending while working, which was a bonus!
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    you also cant be spending while working, which was a bonus!

this is a good point, its a miracle ive lived on my own. Spending a lot on foods and delights, paying for lifestyle..which shouldnt be expensive..but i can always find something to buy or do. maaan.

good point. I know it will be a posistive thing, i mean the other side is moving home or whatever..i guess its not bad first job.

Candycoatingsituation.

thanks tho, koe :thumb:
  • Options
    I thought only Chavetts done checkout jobs, maybe not.
  • Options
    I thought only Chavetts done checkout jobs, maybe not.

there goes my fragile mood.
  • Options
    i've been a checkout girl for 3 years and 5 months! once you've joined you'll never leave. :nervous:

and before that, i worked in a post office for 5 months.

eta: it is only part time though! could never do it full time.
  • Options
    i've been a checkout girl for 3 years and 5 months! once you've joined you'll never leave. :nervous:

and before that, i worked in a post office for 5 months.

eta: it is only part time though! could never do it full time.

No, i probably will. I have things that need to be done..this will fuel them and sort some stuff for me out. But if youre doing it to get something else that inspires and motivates you..then its ok. I dont think one should settle for such a life. Not that i am saying you are of course.: :)
  • Options
    dont think one should settle for such a life. Not that i am saying you are of course.: :)

i'm not settling at all though. it's just part time-ness for when i'm at college/uni and it suits me nicely.
  • Options
    At least it's a job, so you're putting something back into society and not sitting around being a lazy arse. :)
  • Options
    i'm not settling at all though. it's just part time-ness for when i'm at college/uni and it suits me nicely.

i know

I wasnt referring it to anyone, nor was it meant in a derogitary way to anyone that may work there. :)
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    At least it's a job, so you're putting something back into society and not sitting around being a lazy arse. :)

I hate our blasted society for the most part :rolleyes:

but yes, it will be good in the long run, if not just to pay bloody overdrafts.

ahhhrrrm
  • Options
    Now you've got your foot int eh door you could stay there for a while, take another role, train to be a manager or something? At least it gives you some pocket money though.
  • Options
    n1
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    gl + hf
  • Options
    I'm on the checkouts for my part time job, not exactly the greatest job in the world but really your just getting paid to sit on your arse and chat to the customers, not that bad.

It'll do, gives me some extra cash :D
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    I'm on the checkouts for my part time job, not exactly the greatest job in the world but really your just getting paid to sit on your arse and chat to the customers, not that bad.

It'll do, gives me some extra cash :D

good point. :thumb:
  • Options
    Been there done that, still got the shirt somewhere. Count yourself lucky your not as sad as that old bloke who comes in at the same time everyday. There's always one!
  • Options
    Buying white cider ......
  • Options
    Is your job just sitting on the tills? I worked in Iceland for a while, mainly in the frozen section. But I'd quite often be on the tills so it meant I never got insanely bored with either aspect. Floor work was good because it was pretty heavy work so I felt good for it, but then when I was on tills it felt like a break because it was so easy. Supermarket work isn't that bad so long as you have a decent boss and some alright colleagues.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    GoodFella wrote:
    Buying white cider ......

:yum:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    beep bleep beep bleep beep bleep, is my new life soundtrack. "whats the code for the cucumber 35484359?" :yeees:

oh great.

Do the general mass feel it somewhat demoralising and lame, such a checkout job.

Watch what your saying i work at a supermarket! But then i have an education to learn..
  • Options
    a job is a job. and it's all money and experience and the end of the day.

you'll thank yourself later in life.
  • Options
    I have to get up at half 6 tomorrow to sit on a checkout all day. I can feel your pain

7 and a half hours!! :(
  • Options
    I've been working in a supermarket for about 5 months now part time, on the tills too. At first I was like 'I really do NOT want to do this'. But, it got better. Its easy work, the only bad thing is that its boring and repetitive sometimes, but some of the customers are a laugh, and hopefully you'll get to work with some nice people too? My friends there are the only people who keep me going sometimes!

Plus every month when I get my wage I think hmm...its worth it.

Have fun :)
  • Options
    I'm sure it will be fine.I work in a supermarket, and although boring at times, it's a great way of meeting new people.I have made some great friends at work..plus I earn money whilst talking to them!
  • Options
    I'm sure it will be fine.I work in a supermarket, and although boring at times, it's a great way of meeting new people.I have made some great friends at work..plus I earn money whilst talking to them!
    Quite a few people at my workplace met each other there, and are now dating. Sometimes I think I've joined a dating agency, not a shop.