Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

MDMA can kill cancer cells

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ecstasy and anti-depressant drugs such as Prozac have the potential to stop cancer cell growth, research has found.

They found the drugs were effective at blocking cancer growth in more than half of lymphoma (white blood cell cancer) samples tested.

BBC News Link Here

Interesting, although the amount of MDMA requried would kill the patient, apparently.

Comments

• Options
    Chem:Lab wrote:
    although the amount of MDMA requried would kill the patient, apparently.

so who cares...you'd probably die from cancer anyway so it's better to brun out than fade away thats what i say :thumb:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    turlough wrote:
    so who cares...you'd probably die from cancer anyway so it's better to brun out than fade away thats what i say :thumb:

Mate, if you hadn't posted that I would have. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    but if this wer true, could you say regular MDMA users are less likely to get cancer, or even more, say MDMA is good for you..
  • Options
    Good point....I dunno? I'm a regular user (in both pure crystal and pill form)...
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    better to brun out than fade away thats what i say :thumb:

I was always under the impression burning out was worse, since it relates to one possibly losing their skills or dignity (i.e) thus burning out.

Fading away is how things work, not everyone or everything is "big" all the time.

Anyways, :p:)
  • Options
    i almost did burn out ...decided fading was much pleasenter.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    but if this wer true, could you say regular MDMA users are less likely to get cancer, or even more, say MDMA is good for you..

No, of course not.

This research is based on reactions to a tumor, not to healthy tissue, so unless you already have a tumor its not going to help you at all, and even then by the sound of it you'd have to kill yourself before it worked, which doesn't really sound like a great cure to me.