Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Excuse me, please...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I know I've not posted here before, and I don't wish to cause any disturbance; however, I'm working on a series of contemporary novels, which require some research into the minds of British schoolboys, approximately twelve years of age, in the Devon\Cornwall region. The trouble is, twelve-year-old British schoolboys are not only next to impossible to get in touch with without seeming like some whacko-pervert but they are also next to impossible subjects from which to extract useful information. I'm, therefore interested in talking to any individuals who were, at one point in their lives, twelve-year-old British schoolboys from the Devon\Cornwall region, preferably between the years 1986 and 1989.

Thanks if you can help. If you can't help, thanks for not filleting me because of what you may perceive as a pointless post, unworthy of your time.

Sincerely,
Azy
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    aw how POLITE :)
  • Options
    I think the majority of users are a bit young. I was 12 in 1995. Sorry to be a disappointment :(
  • Options
    ~~I think the majority of users are a bit young. I was 12 in 1995. Sorry to be a disappointment~~

Not at all a disappointment. I only chose this particular board because it was titled STUDENT; and by three o'clock in the morning, after nearly six hours of sifting through British boarding school propaganda, it looked promising. (grin)

It's a trial and error sort of thing, research. I usually make many errors before finding what I'm looking for. Besides, I've been known to find just what I'm seeking in some of the most unexpected places. (mischevious grin)

Sincerely,
    Azy
  • Options
    perhaps you could try asking local schools if they'd allow you to sit in on some classes, maybe? I'm not sure of the legalities surrounding that, but it's worth a try :)
  • Options
    Id be the right age, but wrong location and wrong gender - sorry.
  • Options
    I match on your age, but not the location, and my mind is gone :p
This discussion has been closed.