Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

i have no idea of what career to try and get into when i graduate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im so unsure of what i want to do, im currently on my 2nd year of a chemistry with maths degree

see my dream job is eventually owning a video games shop, but again thats eventually and its a dream

i was considering applying for the RAF cause id actually want to something like that, even if i was risking my life, but recent experiences with an ex marine and issues of fitting into civilian life have put me off

id consider teaching ubt not for under 16s as i wouldnt be able to cope, even if they do want science teachers,

or i can contineue in academia and do a PhD and work for a chemical company at end of it all

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    OK well my advice is to look for your dream job and work back all the experience you need to get it.

So you want to run a video games shop - what kind of skills will you need for that:

Retail Experience - plus people management skills.
    Small Business Managment Experience.
    Experience of the video games industry.

If its what you ultimately want to do then i'd advise applying for graduate jobs in retail organisations; or trying to find a job in a small business where you get lots of hands on experience of working with projects and budgeting etc etc

x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You never know Game might have a graduate programme, just a thought.