Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

freezing weed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm surprised this hasn't been asked before, not as long as ive been here anyways............just wondering, as i can get weed cheaply here as opposed to back home, but dont want to smoke it right now, its for glastonbury...........so can you freeze weed? if so, indefinitely? i can't see anything wrong with it in theory but i'd rather have some opinions before i defrost it in 2 months and cry because it doesn't get me high..............somebody must have done this before.......help.

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    What a novel idea!Hmm, You could just keep it in an airtight container like most people do, but that won't last as long...

It might work, just freeze it in a freezer bag of tuppaware tub to keep out moisture. Don't want it going all soggy when you defrost it. ;)

I don't know, only way would be to try. Have you googled it?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Id think as long as theres no moisture it would be ok...but im no expert, theory sounds logical though.

Peace
    if you have acces too it try and vacum pack it thats what my mate does it seems to keep forever when you do that plus if your having too transport it it leaves no smell at all :D
    THC isnt hugely unstable is it?

I would assume as long as its kept dry, in the dark and cool then it would last a fairly long time. It is the moving about and heat which will break down the THC.

I have heard of people freezing it, they did it in Home and Away once if I recall correctly.
    bongbudda wrote:
    they did it in Home and Away once if I recall correctly.

then its GOT to be true. :yeees:

hehe.
    whack it into a few of those airtight sealable bags and then into some tupperware then throw it into a cupboard and it should be fine!
    Freezing weed is the best way to store it, bearing in mind THC degrades under temperature, and mainly light.

I used to grow alot of bud and it is the ONLY way to store largeish amounts you are looking to keep for a while.

It has no long term problems, and there is no problem defrosting as there isnt enough moisture in the bud to cause dampness issues.

Just whack it in a vacuum bag and in a container and freeze away.
    It does degrade but not massively under normal cool house conditions.
    I'm personally don't like freezing mine as i found when defrosting it the condensation can make it dampen and i prefer mine dry on the outside yet slightly sticky in the center and this is lost through the freezing process.
    weed stored in a plastic bag and put in the sock drawer will last for months and months and months and ...
    it does last in a plastic bag, but does degrade quicker as it'll dry out.
    If freezing's out of the question, then just put it in mason jars with an air tight lid. It MUST be air tight though or its pointless.

This way, you're actually curing the weed and making it better. Leave it in the jar, and open the lid for 20 mins-half hour every day before closing it and putting it back in the dark place again.
    After a couple of months you'll be amazed by the better taste, smell and high you get off it.

Curing bud is absolutely ESSENTIAL, but as we're in the UK alot of dealers just sell bud as soon as its harvested. This is such a shame, and you can really tell the difference after youve cured some...
    Give it a try, youll be impressed, trust me!
    Well UK dealers arent stupid, if you sell moist buds that have just been picked you get more weight, and given weight is how its sold they want it to be as heavy as possible.
    Sucks dont it.

Get growing people, its the future and the only way...