Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

always looking the same on nights out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I always wear practically the same outfit when I go out: black trousers or dark blue jeans, boots with heels, and a slinky/baby doll top. I'm so bored of it. I hate and detest my legs so can't wear skirts.

I always have my hair the same: long and straight. Usually the same make up style as well: just lip gloss, blusher, and liquid eyeliner/mascara.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can have a different look, especially for hair and clothes? I'm going out tonight and can pick up a few cheap things from town if need be.

Comments

• Options
    if you dont like your legs you can get a really long skirt, or wear tights, or wear a knee length skirt and knee high bootslike in this pic but imagine with knee high boots

you could get different trousers- dont have to wear dark ones. Could try them baggy tweed ones, linen trousers, or pinstripe ones like this

theres always different types of tops around. babydoll ones are generally unflattering. How about something like this?

For hair you could have it wavy instead, or just wear it straight but have a different kind of parting, or pin the front section back. or crimp tiny front sections; looks good if u have a long wispy fringe swept to one side. Cant really give advice on your hair as i dont know what its like.

how tall are you and what shape are you, and what is your hair like
  • Options
    What about 3/4 length jeans and trousers? I hate my legs, but trousers get a bit boring after a while!

As for tops, Miss Selfridge (I hate that shop usually...) have some cheap summery style tops that you can get for about £10, in all colours... I have a pink one that I wear with a black vest top underneath.

Just experiment a bit!
  • Options
    As you know Katy I have exactly the same problem! I also don't like any of the stuff in the shops right now so can't even go out shopping. Perhaps we'll just have to wait for a different fad to roll around? :grump:
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    As you know Katy I have exactly the same problem! I also don't like any of the stuff in the shops right now so can't even go out shopping. Perhaps we'll just have to wait for a different fad to roll around? :grump:
    I love soooo much stuff in the shops right now. For ages Ive found it hard to find stuff I like, and then all of a sudden, theres just yummy stuff everywhere.
  • Options
    What about 3/4 length jeans and trousers? I hate my legs, but trousers get a bit boring after a while!

Yeah I'm not too keen on my legs, the top parts ok but I think my calf muscles are too big so in the winter I tend to wear alot of boots with short skirts, and in the summer I mainly wear 3/4 length jeans, usually just fold up the bottoms of my normal jeans. If you do that and wear a pair of high heels it looks good. I usually wear stonewash jeans cos I'm not a fan of dark denim or black trousers.
    Usually wear different vest tops, sometimes layered ones or summery lacey ones with a bikini underneath. Sometimes just wear a t-shirt and accesssorise with stuff.
  • Options
    I love soooo much stuff in the shops right now. For ages Ive found it hard to find stuff I like, and then all of a sudden, theres just yummy stuff everywhere.

Well if you like looking like a Romanian refugee.... :razz:

Nah, it looks nice on some people.
  • Options
    why dont you have curly hair/tie it back.Or even hair a hair cut for a new style!
    and clothes..

you could try wearing a more range of colours such as pink, white etc..and buy some cropped trousers/jeans
  • Options
    Just remember that if you wear any sort of skirt that's longet than a mini then sandals will do your legs much more favours than boots. Boots plus knee length skirts are usually a no go area but i suppose that's just my opinion. Sandals/high heels always elongate the leg and slim them down.

If you really don't want to change your outfit why not just try to jazz up the bits and bobs side? Change your shoe colours, styles etc. from boots to sandals, change your earrings/necklaces and stuff to matching funky ones instead of just plain silver or gold. Funk up your eye make up to match your top colour, or your necklace beading or something.

Not sure if this helps but hey i'm in one of those waffling on moods :)
  • Options
    Carolina wrote:
    Just remember that if you wear any sort of skirt that's longet than a mini then sandals will do your legs much more favours than boots. Boots plus knee length skirts are usually a no go area but i suppose that's just my opinion. Sandals/high heels always elongate the leg and slim them down.

:yes: completely agree there.

Also you say you don't wear skirts because you don't like your legs, long skirts are fashionable at the moment so why don't you try one of them for a change?
  • Options
    :yes: Agrees with kaz.

Usually i loathe long skirts and will not be seen dead near them as i end up looking like a kid in her mum's clothes but just recently i've been starting to notice some really nice skirts coming in that would be lovely for summer. You just need to look at your body type and get the right cut.