Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Personal Statement ....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Just wondering how do uni's take you not doing what you said you would do on your personal statement. When i wrote mine i had planned out to do some work in the IT industry for my year out but now things have changed and i might now end up not doing this work in the industry, even though i said i would.

Should i just tell them if i decided not to do this work. or was the only reason they gave me a deferred entry was so that i could do this work in the industry?

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    try and find some similar work to do in the industry.
  • Options
    I've looked around for places but they always seem to want people with say for example 2 years experience, i just want to find a place that will take me on for like 3-6 months paid work.
  • Options
    you could always tell them you're not going to do the work and go straight to university... perhaps doing a year in industry when you're there?!
  • Options
    Nah i want a year out, but i know that i want to do something useful with myself in that year out.
    I've checked with the uni and they say i will be paying the same fees that people pay in 2005 as i am deferring so i don't have to worry about extra fees due to my year out.

I'll keep on searching, i think. See what comes up.

Thank you :)