Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Best Foot Forward

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
Usually i can sort out my problems with friends quite easily but this time the shi* really has hit the fan with my best friend. Basically over the last 6 months she's been getting very moody, very strong willed e.g if you don't share her opinion you're a twa* and she makes you look one by the end of it. She's been bollocking her boss, her stable customers, her friends but we've all stepped back and let her get away with it because she just causes the biggest tantrum if you don't that everyone decided to bury their heads in the sand. Now i don't know what has sparked off this arrogance (which is what it is) but i realise now we should have all stood up to her and not let her get away with half of the stuff she did.

The reason why it's come to a head is because of a small petty debate between us she sat slagging me off in the pub (where i was working behind the bar and in earshot) but has not been able to come to me and work it out like adults. I will not resort to slanging matches, fights etc. as i don't do scenes. She however will do so i just don't know how the hell to progress.
I would like to tell her how i'm feeling but know that the way she's being she will just laugh or shout and it will be a waste of time. No one else will stick by me as they just say oh leave her be, it's just her way :eek2:
But i don't see why i should give in to her temper tantrums just for an easy life as after 6 months of doing so it's obviously turning her into a monster. She's convinced herself that everyone respects her opinion, would like to hear it anyway and thinks she's the best thing since sliced bread and everyone is scared of her. :chin: The reality is everyones starting to avoid her when she starts in her belligerent mode.

Sorry rant over :blush: I'm just stuck as i don't even know if i want to make the friendship work as i don't like being made to look or feel the fool by a supposed friend.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That sounds a tough situation, I'm surprised you've hung around for that long! Can you not approach this collectively with your group of friends and highlight how pathetic her behaviour is, the fact she has changed so much and also that you (all) are not going to put up with her shit. I would guess that if you approach as a group as opposed to just by yourself she would be less likely to go off on one and then simply cut you out of her life....if x amount of people put the point to her then surely she will realise that there must be something wrong with her?

Good Luck!
    Unfortunately it's not as easy as that as you start to learn who your mates really are. I'm going to speak to a few of them but have a feeling they'd rather keep burying their heads in the sand and won't support me :no:
    So i think i'm going to have to go this alone. But thank you :)
    I have a little idea, but you don't have to use it if you do not wish to.

1. Tell her you want to talk to her, no where public though because if all hell brakes lose, she'll make a seen.
    2. tell her before your about to spill the beans, that you want to talk like adults about this, and not overract.
    3. Tell her calmy. If she overracts in anyway, then tell her your discussion is over, and you two can no longer be friends. Dear, you don't need someone like that in your life.

Well, that's all I got. hope I was of any use.
    Write her a letter. Then she can't shout you down.
    Thanks everyone, i used good old fashioned texting :blush: I find it easier to explain myself in word form so i just sent her several honest and straightforward texts. A few things came out, apologies were made and it's all sorted. I don't like fallouts so this suits me. This week she's really been there for me through a really stressful situation so it seems we're back on an even keel now.