Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

shrooms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had a load of shrooms last nite, but they taste awful fresh, i was wondering, say if you wer to cook them on a pizza or something, would they become less potent? or does anyone know any ways of consuming them that doesnt taste so awful?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    I had a load of shrooms last nite, but they taste awful fresh, i was wondering, say if you wer to cook them on a pizza or something, would they become less potent? or does anyone know any ways of consuming them that doesnt taste so awful?

put them in tea...i'm not sure if you're allowed to tell anyone how to do this here but just do a search and you'll find a way..and tea makes it more potent...
    psilocybin degrades at high temperatures ... cooking the mushrooms will fuck them up and you'll lose a lot of the potency ...

tea is a good idea ... but dont use boiling water for the same reason .. use warm water

psilocybin is water soluble ... so just put the shrooms into something (empty teabag etc) and leave sitting in the water for a 5 or 10 mins, 'squeezing' all the stuff out of it every so often

whack in a herbal teabag with it and a load of sugar to try and cover the really stinking earthy taste the shrooms give to the water

you could chop up the fresh mushrooms and throw them on top of a pizza or something but they'd still be discusting but i guess it would help cover the taste

easiest way would be to dry them (you will lose at least a bit of potency tho) and grind them up ... get a piece of paper and fold it into a V shape ... throw all the powder in and pour it into your mouth and drink it all with one big gulp of water .. quick and easy!

if you wanna keep em fresh i find the easiest way to eat them is to break off bits and swallow them with water in the same way you'd swallow tablets .. but you'll find it takes longer for it to hit you and it may not start off as intense (stomach still has to work its way through the big bits) opposed to the quick and strong come up brought on by tea (due to the quicker absorption) but the peak will be the same

oh and doing any of the above is of course preparation for human consumption so dont do it! ;)
    If you are doing it right the tea should turn a slightly blue colour. It wont enhance the effect at all, just make it easier to mask the taste.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've used boiling water before and it does fuck all to the potency in my opinion.
    I always make sure I use boiling water now anyway - have you seen the parasites you get in shrooms? :yuck:
    Weekender Offender 
    Just eat em.
    Already done that....i remember when i was younger about 7 or 8 i ate muck before as there used to be alot of building sites around where i lived.
    Shogun wrote:
    Already done that....i remember when i was younger about 7 or 8 i ate muck before as there used to be alot of building sites around where i lived.

tramp

reminds me of a mate who i know who was on a comedown from speed, he picked these random mushrooms off the ground with dirt all over them and shoved them down his throat, gave me the stem of one of them and said "if i start freaking out, this is the antedote" he ended up alright, god knows what he ate...
    He's a mad man though.