Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Would you say yes?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i've never laughed as much in life when reading this thread...all you people who say giving up fegs is easy obviously have never been addicted to nicotine or are just being bullshitters...i've given up all drugs except nicotine and alcohol to a degree, it's a very hard task mind you...very hard task...and btw you might aswell by young kids drink and fegs...they want the buzz as much as you and life is too short for being a snob...
    I'm sure i'm not the only one who's getting pissed off at this thread. The amount of hypocricy is laughable. Sorry but you cant go on and on about people for smoking when you eat like pigs. You wouldnt say to a fat person "stop fucking over eating you stinking sweaty heffer its a vile habbit"

yes i smoke, yes i want to quit and i shall do after my exams, but i eat right! and i'm not likely do die of a heart attack cos theres so much fat clogging up my viens!
    Zella wrote:
    and i'm not likely do die of a heart attack cos theres so much fat clogging up my viens!
    Oh, the irony.
    Zella wrote:
    I'm sure i'm not the only one who's getting pissed off at this thread. The amount of hypocricy is laughable. Sorry but you cant go on and on about people for smoking when you eat like pigs. You wouldnt say to a fat person "stop fucking over eating you stinking sweaty heffer its a vile habbit"

Well I wouldn't call eating a vile habit, and I tend to be a little more sensitive when telling anyone to give up a bad habit. But don't for a second think I wouldn't tell some whiney fat bastard to sort out their diet and do some fucking excercise.
    ok so i'm wrong there i realised after i posted it. but eating bad is just as bad as smoking.
    Dr.Pirate- You remind me of one of my mates who's in America now, he used to go around getting money off people to buy their hash, he'd do a runner with the money but once he done it to the wrong people and he got a hiding a few times for it, i even got a few punches because of it. I wouldn't go around taking peoples money if they ask you to get them stuff. It's trampy.

How would you like it if someone had done the same to you?

I bet you've got long hair and like to slit your wrists and listen to dark heavy metal music. ;)

And as for quitting cigarettes it's very hard, although for others it's not.
    Zella wrote:
    ok so i'm wrong there i realised after i posted it. but eating bad is just as bad as smoking.
    yes. But just because someone else does something wrong doesn't make it ok.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Shogun wrote:
    Dr.Pirate- You remind me of one of my mates who's in America now, he used to go around getting money off people to buy their hash, he'd do a runner with the money but once he done it to the wrong people and he got a hiding a few times for it, i even got a few punches because of it. I wouldn't go around taking peoples money if they ask you to get them stuff. It's trampy.

Stealign of kids is pretty low.
    Weekender Offender 
    yes, thats why its so hypicritical. i never said smoking was good.
    Skive wrote:

I know that, well they weren't kids. They were people his age who asked him could he get such and such, he just took the money and ran off. Stupid imo.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Shogun wrote:
    I bet you've got long hair and like to slit your wrists and listen to dark heavy metal music. ;)

Oh because having long hair and listening to metal makes me the worst kind of person in the world. Btw, I don't cut myself, I've never seen the point.
    Skive wrote:

:yeees: Really Skive stop trying to gain the moral highground, I'm sure no one is impressed.
    Shogun wrote:
    I know that, well they weren't kids. They were people his age who asked him could he get such and such, he just took the money and ran off. Stupid imo.

I didn't 'run' anywhere I went into the shop, bought the cigarettes that the kid (singular) wanted, then went off down the road and chucked them in the bin.
    You truly are a scumbucket, what did you gain from buying some cigarettes for someone and then throwing them in the bin? Get a life.

I never said nothing about you being the worst person in the world...your just a real dickhead. Like come on who else buys something for someone and then throw them in the bin, you could have either smoked them yourself or else not went in the shop in the first place. Your a bit of a silly bugger aren't ya?
    Zella wrote:
    yes, thats why its so hypicritical. i never said smoking was good.
    What's hypocritical exactly?
    Shogun wrote:
    Your a bit of a silly bugger aren't ya?

In heinsight yes, I was gonna give them too him, but realised he didn't need to have his growth stumpted any more than it already was, so I chucked them.
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    stumpted
    :chin: Pirate slang?

Over eating is as hard to quit as smoking I'd imagine. But that doesn't make smoking pleasant or defensible.
    Kentish wrote:
    :chin: Pirate slang?

Over eating is as hard to quit as smoking I'd imagine. But that doesn't make smoking pleasant or defensible.

Very true. And I'm yet to hear of a single death from passive eating.
    Kentish wrote:
    Pirate slang?

I appologise for not knowing how to spell :)
    Mist wrote:
    I'm yet to hear of a single death from passive eating.
    :lol:
    Kentish wrote:
    :lol:
    I'm sure someone somewhere has been crushed to death by some fat bastard. It's no laughing matter.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I'm sure someone somewhere has been crushed to death by some fat bastard. It's no laughing matter.
    pmsl :thumb:
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    Really Skive stop trying to gain the moral highground, I'm sure no one is impressed.

I'm pretty sure no one is impressed by your bullshit either.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    I'm pretty sure no one is impressed by your bullshit either.
    1) It's not bullshit.
    2) I'm not looking for anyone to be impressed.
    Ok.
    Weekender Offender 
    You must be a bit of a sad case if you have to throw someone elses cigarettes away.
    Kids have asked me to go into shops, but I always refused.

As for trying to give up smoking. I remember having to live with my mum when she was trying and it was hell. She's 57 now and started smoking since she was just 16. So trying to give up was really hard on her. She started after she got out of hospital and lasted 6months but she cracked up and went up back on the cigarettes. She tried again and after many mood swings and gained a good bit of weight, etc... she finally beat it. Hasn't been smoking for 2-3 years now. Really proud of her as she struggled big time with it. It's came tt the point now, were even if she took a puff from me dad ciggy, just to test herself. She actually feels sick with it.

Trying to encourage my mate at work to give up now. But I do understand it can be very hard... especially when you are surrounded by mates/family who still smoke as well.
    Kids have asked me to go into shops, but I always refused.

As for trying to give up smoking. I remember having to live with my mum when she was trying and it was hell. She's 57 now and started smoking since she was just 16. So trying to give up was really hard on her. She started after she got out of hospital and lasted 6months but she cracked up and went up back on the cigarettes. She tried again and after many mood swings and gained a good bit of weight, etc... she finally beat it. Hasn't been smoking for 2-3 years now. Really proud of her as she struggled big time with it. It's came tt the point now, were even if she took a puff from me dad ciggy, just to test herself. She actually feels sick with it.

Trying to encourage my mate at work to give up now. But I do understand it can be very hard... especially when you are surrounded by mates/family who still smoke as well.

Hoorah, someone who understands.
    So people, read this post and accept that when someone has been smoking for a long time quitting aint that easy as some people are trying to make out.
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    So people, read this post and accept that when someone has been smoking for a long time quitting aint that easy as some people are trying to make out.

becks, one person said it was easy. one.

i think everyone else agrees that it might be hard, but it's not impossible, and having the mindset that it is impossible won't make it any easier.

if you want to quit, and you are absolutely positive that you can, you will. you don't have that same determination if you're not totally wanting to stop, cause as soon as you crack and have a fag, you will be thinking: 'it's ok, cause i knew all along i wouldn't be able to do it'.

every time you have a craving, you have a choice whether to crack, or not. it's not something you can't help, it's an active choice. the fags don't buy themselves, light themselves and put themselves in your mouth. it's a conscious choice that you make. and if you are determined (or stubborn, however you want to look at it) enough to not light up every time you are faced with that choice, you'll quit.
    kaffrin wrote:
    becks, one person said it was easy. one.

Who actually sad it was easy anyway?
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Who actually sad it was easy anyway?

this clown:
    minimi38 wrote:
    I didnt need hard work or dedication to give up smoking. I just did it. Its not hard. INfact it wa easy.
    Well great for them tbh...

if only it actually were.

Doesn't make it impossible though, anyone who says they could never give up smoking is a liar.