Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Buying BF:V

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's only 19.99 in PC World, but other places like Play.com & Amazon.co.uk are about 26 quid. I would buy it from PC Worl dbut their all outta stock. Can anyone recommend a place I can buy it for the same price as in PC World online?

I would get it from eBay but I don't know if the CD-Key is banned from servers or not.

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    GAME has the same price but is outta stock too.

Wait for one of them to get it in tbh or go into town.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know if it bans by CD key tbh... :chin: it's not a fantastic game anyway. I'd wait for Battlefield 2 :cool:
    I don't know if it bans by CD key tbh... :chin: it's not a fantastic game anyway. I'd wait for Battlefield 2 :cool:

What's it like compaired with BF1942??
    Its less buggy (Thank God!), more Napalm, More Helicopters, and tunnels.

TBH, I think its better. It runs so much smoother. And the Patch adds the T-72, so its win all round.

Yeah, I cant wait for BF2 though. Sukhoi!!! :o

Vietnam is good. I like it more than '42 for the less buggyness. If only someone would put DC on the Vietnam enigne... that'd rock hard! :chin:
    I played DC, not to keen on it tbh. Thinks I will go get BF:V tbh. :D.
    I think battlefield vietnam has a nicer engine code but not the same kind of playability. Running through stalingrad with a rifle and a few bullets left is not the same as jumping in a tank and spawn camping on vietnam. (Spawn camping is quite rife on vietnam, just a note).

I think both are good but on balance 1942 is just more playable. But it depends what you're into, I loved planting mines and holding bridges, which is more or less impossible in vietnam because a) tanks can float and b) camping and sniping is very common.

Also, in bf1942 sometimes it's annoying when someone is in a high powered tank blowing up your only respawn. Vietnam has helicopters which make this 10x worse, especially since you have to hit them with 3 missiles (you only have 2 missiles per life) to take them down. Also, as soon as their health gets low they zip off and reequip and are back before you know it. Hell, even if you do shoot them down (after they've just been flying around in a circle blowing up your respawn point) they'll be back in a minute because they'll have respawned.

One thing I find funny about the helicopter people is if you get in a helicopter they will blow you up so they can get it when it respawns. Think carrier deck on 1942 except worse.

I just generally think the community and gameplay in vietnam sucks.
    It depends what server you use, there are many good ones out there tbh.

Its also map relative too. Alot of the time in vietnam you realy end up having to fight for a spawn point, and it gets so hectic. And TBH, Falming Dart is such a cool map!

Don't use Netherlands servers, they're all bloody campers, just a note.

And floating tanks? Welcome to 'Nam baby, they did have them you know! I think that is a pretty cool thing. Oh, and I can take out MANY tanks when I spawn, because if someone is tank camping my spawn, I sit on an ammo box with my RPG launcher. I win. Or I climb ontop of it and lob grenades!

But yes, helicopter whoring is anyoing. Just sit in a building with the missiles though, its effective. One of the best things to do though is RPK the bastards, I find. I took a good few down with that beast. Here's an ace story though:

One map the yanks were heliwhoring, so, one of our team went to their base, and stole the phantom. He must have had a stick, because he was ace with it. He didn't need a new one unti lthe very end of the round, and we won. NO ONE got out of the yanks base alive. I loved that game...

Holding Bridges? Hmm, you like holding stuff? Play Hue alot then. Or Ho Chi Mihn. Seriously play Fall of Saigon alot.

I prefer maps like Flaming Dart, although I do love Ho Chi Mihn, the citadel changes hands so many times a map, it gets mad. Playing as the yanks on retaking Hue though, is one of the best things ever. When you all pour off hte bridge, its mental. Not as mental as real life when they did it though, that would just be unplayable.
    Ah hell, I'm just waiting for a better laptop so I can play the Civil war mod of Battlefield properly... besides why on Earth did they decide to set Battlefield 2 in a modern war? It just seems unimaginitive.

Personally I'm waiting for Battlefield: 80,000 BC, when I can charge down the hills with the rest of my sabre toothed tiger riding comrades.
    Jim V wrote:
    Ah hell, I'm just waiting for a better laptop so I can play the Civil war mod of Battlefield properly... besides why on Earth did they decide to set Battlefield 2 in a modern war? It just seems unimaginitive.

Personally I'm waiting for Battlefield: 80,000 BC, when I can charge down the hills with the rest of my sabre toothed tiger riding comrades.

Have you heard of a game called savage? That's cool cos you start off with bows and arrows, but then you get laser guns and its boring.

and to teh_gerbil: i just prefer the slower methodical pace, moving up your squad into positions a bit closer to their base, taking cover from enemy fire, take them out and move up a bit closer, till you're crawling over their spawn. On bf vietnam it's too quick and fluid - that's part of the appeal for most people but it seems the slow methodical tactics are gone and it's just a rush. I don't know what map it is but there's like a road going through it (it's kind of L shaped) and anyway the americans just get their jeep and capture the furthest spawn point and work back whilst the vietnamese stay on the two closest to the american base.
    vietnam was good is some parts, when i played it was all about the helicopters and 10 people trying to fly it.

I am waiting for BF:2 - its just like CS:S but battlefeild'ie

I have lost my BF:V CD-Disk1 - how can i load install the game with out it?
    I will get BF:2 but I think it's just gonna be like DC which I ain't all that keen on. We will have to wait and see how popular it will be with the BF folk. I don't think it it be as much as a sucess as 1942 tbh.
    To felix: if you're stuck you could download demos ;) that's what i did before buying bf1942!

I really miss carrier battles, the pacific theatre was my favourite. I suppose they won't be reintroduced in BF:2 though because you just fire your long range missiles tomahawks etc.
    BF:2 is like NS for Half Life... one guy can see an RTS style overview and sets out tactics for the squad to follow. Should be interesting tbh.

The Vietnam war was hardly a slow paced war, there wasn't time to do much, the war was brutal and fast.

Oh, that map you talk about, the US usually only end up with the two furthest spawns when I play, we can hold 'em off most of the time. Unless I am US, then I go in and capture the 2nd vietnamese one across the road, then they don't stand a chance. :p If I am vietnamese, I just RPG the US's mobile spawn though.