Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

O2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any 02 subscribers around here? A relative of mine is interested, and since I am the only somewhat tech savy family member I was asked what they were like! I did some research and they do seem to have plenty of bonuses and rewards with their plans, but then again I don't have any experience with them!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Deluxe,
    I am not presently with them but have been following the advertising with interest. Seems they want to reward present customers for loyalty rather than simply attract new ones. One of the main ways they are doing this is with the 10% back on top ups every 3 months. Theres a bit about it here http://www.o2.co.uk/o2rewards10
    Alan
  • Options
    My personal experiences with O2 were poor, poor signal, poor communication, poor customer service and poor price on upgrades.

I'm now with Orange, who are infinitely better.

It's up to you though, maybe I got unlucky.
  • Options
    o2's deals are very good. There adverts are only talking about pay as you go customers or offline contracts, but the online contrqacts are ionfinitely better.

As for o2 themselves, the customer service is rubbish and will take you about 2 weeks of constant emails to get out of them what you need. Calling them costs 50p a minute or at least for online contracts it does. I've never had any roblems with signal unlike ginner and I've been with em 4 years now. THere billing system is rubbish but that usually ends up in ya getting over charged in the first place and then under charged.
  • Options
    I've had problems with my sms' not getting sent to me until i text someone else and then they're all dumped on me. Humph.
  • Options
    I've had problems with my sms' not getting sent to me until i text someone else and then they're all dumped on me. Humph.

THat happens sometimes, but I so often use WAP or call someone that it does the same job of reminding them ya still exist.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of Kazbos experiences with 02 customer service - the package advertised does seem to be a good one (10% back, Talkalot reduction price of calls/text) but I suppose if the customer service isn't there to back up thats a disadvantage. From what I have seen on other sites (there was an 02 employee on one) 02 does seem to be addressing the issue of retaining customers - so I guess the CS will get a shake up - it will have to if enough people go for the deals but then leave due to poor customer relations!
  • Options
    Ive just gone to O2 because of the 300 free txts for a £10 topup offer. and i cant say ive had any problems...I dont call often enough to need free minutes/low call costs so this is ideal...coverage/signal is better than my previous provider (virgin)...and i havent had to call customer services for anything yet so i cant comment on that.

All in all theyre not too bad, well, this particular tariff anyway.

Peace
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    The deals are generally good but if you have any queries with anything they are rubbish. They have poor customer services and relations, bad communication and generally shit. Also, if you phone them and resolve an issue on the phone then I have found that if you phone again with something else they have no record of your previous calls.

So, IMHO, good offers, shit service.
  • Options
    o2 are great for me, i especially like their amazing value GPRS packages (I think ive get to pay a penny for using the net whilst on the move
  • Options
    I was interested in your summary 'littlemissy' - seems to be to some degree symptomatic of our times for large companies to spend lots on advertising and promotions but forget the customer support aspect. If 02 are serious in their whole 'putting customers first' approach this will need to be passed down the line to customer support as well as sales staff - guess we will have to wait and see - hope they are smart enough to see that decent money saving packages while very important is not enough on its own...anyone have some good 02 customer service stories to stop my synicism?
    Alan
  • Options
    i'm sure there was a thread in anything goes a few weeks ago about o2 where loads of people gave their oppinions so that may help you if you can find it.
  • Options
    i'm sure there was a thread in anything goes a few weeks ago about o2 where loads of people gave their oppinions so that may help you if you can find it.

:yes: but it was me whinging about their abysmal customer service skills and upgrade problems.

As for good customer services comments...nop haven't had any of them since it changed from bt genie to o2. Although from the sound of it you're wanting payg as well, which in my experience you tend to have less problems with anyway so won't need customer services very often.
  • Options
    I've always got on well with O2. Never had any problems, although I also haven't had the need to get in touch with customer services in my three years with them.
  • Options
    I've never experienced any problems with 02. When I first signed up with their online contract 2 years ago Iwas given free WAP for 6 months. I've still not been charged for any WAP usage to date, however, they did send me a text message to say that as from today I'd be getting charged, but they said that before last year and I still wasn't charged so I live in hope. But yeah they're customer service staff stink!! I had to send my phone off for repair, but it got "lost" in the post on the way back to the shop, I ended up waiting 3 weeks before finally going back to the shop to see what had happened when I was told it was lost, nobody had even bothered to call me to let me know, then they sent a replacement phone which was two models older than the one I had. It took about 6 weeks to sort the whole mess out. Never even got an apology for it!!

But apart from that I think they're ok, better than vodafone who I used to be with.