Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Spider Spray?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, get a decent cat then.
    Nooo.....she's way too sweet to ever change her. Although I am rather taken with a little white one that followed me into my house today.
    Traditionally spiders are good omens because they kill flies, mosquitos and other nasty little thigns that spread diseases. You'll find if you go to people who live a more 'native' life that often the spider is still very important.

I too had a little phobia of spiders but what helped me get over it was this: if you think you're scared of it, imagine how the spider is feeling looking up at you (well over 500x his size), possibly screaming and making a commotion, and then trying to splat it at huge velocities. Hell, if i was the spider i'd die from a heart attack :p

It would be cool to be a spider for a day. Am I the only one who really wishes they could transform into other animals?
    my cat used to catch spiders, flies and daddy long legs. It was gross when she used to sit there crunching them.
    We used to have a spider in our house who was a whopper. We called him hercules and every now and again, hed just scuttle across the living room floor, and we`d all go "wooo Hercules" The dog used to try and chase him, but thankfully she never caught him, as he was pretty cool. He only had seven legs, so i knew it was the same one each time.
    i used to sleep with my cat in my room and often wake up to murdered spider remains. Legs everywhere.

I hate the fuckers had to try to kill well over 10 today when i cleaned an un-used rabbit hutch. They had opened up a hotel in there.

Hairspray is my saviour when it comes to spiders. Either that or bathroom cleaning mousse but thats slightly more messy
    I don't really get many spiders in my house..well, I never really see any.

But I hate it when you get ready to get in the bath/shower and there is a blimmin' spider in their...argh its annoying. I normally catch it and put it out the window..or if I'm feeling evil i blast it with the shower head..
    Blah_x2 wrote:
    i used to sleep with my cat in my room and often wake up to murdered spider remains. Legs everywhere.

My Cat used to murder spiders in the bath. You'd be standing there, about to run a bath, wondering what all those litle stick things were. *shudders* :yuck:
    Lol funny last night, was in bed, couldn't sleep (i think i was reading a book to try and settle me down) and a spider just dropped down in front of me from the ceiling. Then it looked around and scuttled off the edge of my bed.

My cat just slept through it all though; she's a lazy bugger!
    Stop talking about spiders :nervous:

I lifted up some paperwork on my desk a few days ago and a spider fell out and ran across my desk, within seconds i was running out the room and shouting for my dad to come kill it... It vanished :mad:

BUT

Last night i believe the same fucker cam crawling across the roof above my bed, it couldnt make its mind up in which direction to go, again i bolte dout the room, interted my dad and got him to get rid of it.

I dont particularly like killing them but if i feel scared and brave enough to take one of i will kill it!

I have held part of a 20ft+ snake yet im scared of a teeny spider :grump:
    Richeh wrote:
    Same here..... :no: why cant i not be afraid of them? why!?!
    If you all lived in Oz I could understand a fear of spiders, but not in this country.

Why the urge to kill a defenceless creature? I pick them up on tissue and put them outside.
    I like the company of spiders, I don't know why. Some insects are just disgusting, like flies, but if I've got a spider climbing around my room I'll just leave it :). But it's different for different people isn't it.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Richeh wrote:

Snap.

It is a completely irrational fear as I know that they won't hurt me. I know we have no poisionous spiders in this country.

The other thing is that I am not scared of other creepy crawlies. I am fine with beetles, or ant (which I know some can bite!) or anything else. It is just spiders. I think it is the way that they move to be honest.

But yus, completely irrational :|

David has one of those trap things for beasties. I am quite happy catching slaters or whatever in them but I still won't go anywhere near a spider with one.

I am such a girl :(
    Kermit wrote:
    If you all lived in Oz I could understand a fear of spiders, but not in this country.

So true, we don't even have any harmful ones here. At least they're very very rare. When I was in Oz I slept in a hut in the outback which was full of spiders and lizards, it was horrible and I could barely sleep but I never felt the need to kill them! We're so lucky in this country that we don't come across insects like scorpians and huuuge centipides.
    [IMG][/IMG].
    I hate spiders. Try this:

Get rid of spiders!
    Char_Baby wrote:
    that time is upon me again *sighs* spider season, after a particuarly unfortunate incident today (saw 3) id like to know is there anywhere i can purchase a spider deterrent? or spidercide? I mean, they must have something?
    Please Help!!
    xxx
    Yeah because killing something that's not aesthetically pleasing is sooooo nice. :rolleyes:

Spiders eat flies, they're a part of nature, they're living creatures and pretty interesting. Even if you do kill a few, doesn't mean you'll anywhere near rid your house of them.
    The Rockateer, that is fucking horrible. i screamed out loud when i saw that pic.

i have such a bad fear of spiders. it was just a usual phobia, but in the last few years, it has increased 10-fold. when i see a spider, i scream, shake, get breathless, sweat, and panic. its awful. like mini-panic attacks really.

im actually scared to come back into this thread cos i know that awful pic above will be here. its so stupid :(
    I didn't know "Daddy Long Legs" were spiders (just read it on a schoolkid's webpage) He also says "If you want to taste it lick it on it's belly, it tastes like peppermint" :yuck:
    i hate spiders to and im a bit scared of them i was talking to my mate saying is there anything that you can buy to kill them!
    i saw a nasty black one in my room and made my mum take it out..
    so is there any thing you can buy??
    Jazza wrote:
    I didn't know "Daddy Long Legs" were spiders

That depends if you're talking about American or British Daddy Long Legs.

The American one is what the british call a harvestman, which is a spider. The British one is a Crane fly. It has six legs, so isn't technically a spider.
    I remember when me and sister shared a room, every summer, we always had at least one spider that came into our room and we'd always call it Sammy The Spider.

Though I'm sure I'd react differently if it was a tarantula (don't know if I spelt that right).

And I defintely, defintely HATE Scorpians... *shivers* :nervous:
    thatphoto is a fake by the way, and it was really nasty to post it here.
    I just killed a spider about two minutes ago with hairspray. I find that most house hould items will kill them including cleaning sprays, hair stuff, body sprays etc.
    trudat
    QUOTE]  That is one of the worst things I have ever seen! GROSS!

I'm glad to know that.
    Woah..I wouldn't wanna find that in my bath..

Yeah, bit cruel to the ones who have a phobia. I'm alright with spiders and that still made me jump, when I went to the next page and seen that pop up.
    It creeped me out..and I'm not even afraid of spiders normally.
This discussion has been closed.