Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fake Tans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Boo.

I'm thinking about going to a salon to get a fake tan for this summer. Not wotsist style but a nice glow would be nice. The thing is, what does it involve? Do you have to strip off? And also the cost issue :confused:

P.S. I mean spray on etc. Not using a sunbed.

Rach x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    costs about 50quid if i remember rightly from last year. you do have to be naked - but some places let you wear paper knickers and it lasts a couple of weeks max.

it may be different for different salons though
    I looked into it recently and it was between £20-£30.
    so did you get it done ? ..50 seems a bit much =o

Rach x
    nah i didnt. there is only one place in my home town that did it at the time so there wasn't any competition - so charged what they wanted. if there is more competition it will prob be cheaper.
    I've had it done a few times. It costs £19.99 at The Tanning Shop which is a chain across the country. Sometimes there are half price voucheres in magazines.
    It's a spray booth so yeah, you get naked, but no-one sees you. Theres a little private changing room too. Works really well too, you have to exfoliate and moisturise the day before. The tan only lasts a few days though.
    Rachael wrote:
    so did you get it done ? ..50 seems a bit much =o

Rach x

:no: decided it wasn't worth it when I'm going on hol end of May anyways and will come back with a natural tan. Plus at this time of year generlaly it's only on nights out I want/need to look brown so I just use the rimmel make-up type fake tan.