Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair colour

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically a few years ago i dyed my hair semi permanant black, then months after, when it still hadn't washed out, i dyed my roots black. Now i can't get the colour out! I've tried pre lightener, but ended up with patches of blonde hair and the rest black! I've tried to dye it brown and on another occasion red. Now my hair is a dark brown, with light brown roots and red tinges!!! :shocking: I'm a poor poor student, is there any (cheap) way of getting my hair to lighten, so it looks closer to the natural colour? Apart from chopping it all of that is..

Comments

• Options
    I might be wrong but I'm sure I've seen some sort of shampoo which strips hair of all the hair dye. Sorry I'm not much help. If all else fails get a free consultation at a hairdressers and see what they think.

Rach x
  • Options
    My mate washed her hair over and over at least 20 times with a citrus head and shoulders and it helped.
  • Options
    I did hear lemon juice lightens hair colour, but i don't know if it would suit my hair, a lot of things dont!
  • Options
    You cannot dye over black hair. You can however, bleach it with peroxide, or you can have the patience to grow it out. That's about it for black hair!

Ilora x