Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ouch, that hurt!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello
I feel really silly. I bent down to get food out of the fridge. As I stood back up again I caught my back on a low corner shelf behind ... which hurt rather a lot. When I looked I realised that I had actually caught a mole that I had/have there. It really hurt and it bled quite a bit to start with.

This all happened about 4 hours ago and although the bleeding has slowed, it has not stopped. My mole used to stick out and now it is flat. I've tried to get through to NHS direct but there's a huge queue and I don't really want to stop people getting through who have importatnt queries.

I don't really know a lot about moles except that you should be careful with them. Anyone know if there's anything that I can put on it to stop the bleeding or how careful I need to be with it?
Thanks, xxx

Comments

• Options
    just keep pressure on it like any cut

its an old wives tale that moles never stop bleeding :rolleyes:
  • Options
    That's why I thought but after 4 hours I started to get a bit worried!! And still am .... but you've put my mind at rest for now anyway.
    Thanks. xxx
  • Options
    Stick a plaster on it i'm sure it will stop soon.
  • Options
    keep an eye on it and go to your gp if you are worried. i personally think you can never be too careful with moles, im sure its fine but if its worrying you still when its healed then pop along to your GP.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Stick a plaster on it i'm sure it will stop soon.
    im not a big fan of plasters, dosent allow it to breathe and clot

put pressure on it until you've stemmed the bleeding then leave it to its own devices

but probably not that much use now :chin: