Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Would you say yes?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...if a group 13 year olds asked you to buy them a bottle of vodka from the corner shop?

I just declined the same request and they were none too impressed. ;)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No. Cheeky fucks.
    No.
    I'd say no. I've had kids asking me to buy them fags before. They're really nice about it till you've got them the fags then they slag you off as they troddle happily back into chav world. If you refuse them they slag you off too. So I just don't bother. They shouldn't be getting things underage anyway.
    Me and my mates got asked this very question earlier (12.30pm too bloody early!) by a few wee girls. Thing is, they were really really polite when they asked, so instead of going "nah fuck off" we were really apologetic when we said no and one of my mates was gobsmacked all the way home at how polite they were.

I feel sympathetic 'cause I was doing the same thing at their age, but it just seems wrong to me now, so I'd never do it.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Have been asked in the past and said no. I would have no qualms about doing this again.

Also been asked randomly to buy some cigarettes for someone. Again, I said no.
    I would say yes, take thier money then run off

teach them a lesson and gain a bottle of vodka in the proccess
    I would say no.
    If they'd have asked for a 2001 Chateauneuf du Pape I might have said yes, but how many 13 year olds genuinely like vodka?

Not that the corner shop stocks any decent wines :grump:
    Simple.. I would say NO!
    ermmmm.... NO!
    you get that around here all the time - but its usually for cigarettes: quite sad really!
    i do it for some of the wee lads round our way but they give me £2 each for doing it so i'm making money...if it was a group of strangers though i'd probably say no..
    i'd say no. 13 year olds should still be getting drunk on half a bottle of lager and nowt stronger or in bigger quantities.

at 13 its just about getting pissed and making an arse of themselves - i remeber it well and wouldnt encourage others to do it.

remember my mum breaking up two drunk 13 year olds who were just about to have unprotected sex on our front lawn at my sisters birthday party :no:
    she went nuts at the kids responsible for bringing the alchohol in.
    I'd say no no matter what age they are, just because it's well cheeky.
    id say no, fuck off and get out ma face

had it asked to me all the time when i was at college and i wasnt even 18 myself when i was there :/
    I got asked the other week and I ended up apologising for saying no 'cos I felt really crap. I was secretly flattered they thought I was old enough because the actual shop keeper still can't believe I'm 21 though I show her my ID every single effing time I'm in there!
    Would have to be a no, haven't they got older brothers and sisters!!!
    I'd say no. Pretty much because it's illegal.
    I have said no in the past, although it is normally cigarettes I have been asked to buy for people. I would say no again. Just because there is an age limit for a reason-as soon as they are old enough/look old enough to buy it for themselves, they can do it themselves. Thats what I did when I was younger, anyway.
    nope.

you want it, you buy it.

plus i'd probably get IDed myself.
    ive bought breezers for some little 13/14 year olds i know...as well as fags....then one of them got drunk on 3 half bottles of breezers....so i was stuck looking after them :rolleyes:
    i would if they were friends/relatives and no blame would be pinned on me if they were to spew there adolescent innards up

however, i do hate 'street chavs' and wouldnt give them the time of day thank you very much
    i got called a frog face for not getin sum kids sum booze lol
    I haven't been asked to buy anyone alchohol (I'm only 17 myself), but I have been asked to buy cigarettes before. I said no..personally I don't smoke, and I don't want to feel responsible for giving underage people fags. Thats just my opinion on the matter..
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I'd buy them alcohol but I wouldn't buy them fags.
    Weekender Offender 
    ive bought it for my 15yr old step brother before, dont think i could be bothered to buy it for strangers.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Skive wrote:
    I'd buy them alcohol but I wouldn't buy them fags.

Why would you buy one and not the other?
    Why would you buy one and not the other?

Because it's not worth smoking.
    I'd never buy spirits for underage people either but I don't see much wrong with a couple of beers. I remember how it used to be for myself.
    Weekender Offender 
    Kind of on a different tangent, but I've got a friend who's really docile and is normally scared by chavs etc etc and tries to stay away. One day one of them asked her for a cigarrete and she scream at them "DO I LOOK LIKE I SMOKE??" hehe. She scared them off :p:D
    "DO I LOOK LIKE I SMOKE??"

What does someone who smokes look like? :confused:
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    What does someone who smokes look like? :confused:

I'm not entirely sure. Bear in mind however, that my friend has a very very goody two shoes image :p so maybe that contributes towards it.