Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Never going to see her!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my girlfriend have an extremely close relationship. We see eachother everyday after work and things are great!

but...

She just got a new job in london and wont be home until about 7 everynight, she then has to eat and get changed so i wont be seeing her till gone 8 everynight. I have to be up at 7 in the mornings for work so we wont have much time alone at all.

Im scared this is going to affect our relationship. I love her to bits but my mum keeps telling me she will meet someone else and leave me.

Help please...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    your lucky to be able to see her every evening

do you sleep in the same bed? If yes you will see her later evening, all night and then at weekends too? Its quite alot really.

And does your mum dislike her because its our of order for her to of said that to you.
    Well currently me and my girlfriend see eachother about 4 hours a night and pretty much all weekend. She lives with her parents and so do i so we stay at our own houses.

We are quite sad tbh, even if we dont see eachother for one day we miss eachother loads and after 6 months you would think that would wear off by now.

Thing is, shes working with about 10 young men and 2 women. Apparently these men are good looking.

My mum likes her, but she said to me "If she finds someone else and leaves ya then thats life".
    Millions of couples in the UK survive seeing each other every day for only a short time ... it's called "working life"

Utterly thoughtless thing of your Mum to say IMHO.

Ian.
    MY GIRLFRIEND AND I, I, IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiii
    You're going to see her every night and then all weekend? How is that "never going to see her"?

Normally it's the girl who has these kind of worries.

And your mum is a cheeky mare.
    RudeBwoy wrote:
    my mum keeps telling me she will meet someone else and leave me

tell her to shut up.
    it will only affect your relationship if you let it.
    make the most of the time you do have together.
    I guess its a lust thing, im still really into her.

My mum is always putting me down anyway, we dont have the best of relationships.
    I guess i should be thankful to have a gf, i am very thankful.
    I guess its a lust thing, im still really into her.
    from 8pm in the evening through to the morning... honey, you've got plenty of time for the "lust thing." :p
    shit like that happens as you get older , it will make the time you do spend together much more special though, its quality, not quantity. you do get used to it, otherwise no-one would cope with a long distance relationship.
    I can see where you are all coming from, its just me being silly.
    We do have a great relationship and im thankful.

Thanks for the comforting words :)
    Ignore your mums shes just trying to prepare you for the worst. But if you and you gf have a good relationship then i dont think she will find anyone else!
    And there are lots of couples that dont see each other everyday so you'l have to live with that and remember shes still you gal!