Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

State of Florida prevents girl from having abortion

Just went you thought people couldn't be any more of a cunt...

Florida stops girl from having abortion

So "too young" to make a decision to have an abortion, but not too young to have a fucking baby, or to make the decision to go ahead with the pregnancy presumably, if she had chosen to do so...

I truly despair at the supreme evilness and cuntiness of some people... :mad:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sick. Truely sick.
    She could always get a "backstreet" one and then ram their judgement down their throats if they try to prosecute.

Fucking incredible really. No doubt they will put the poor fucking bairn into care the second it's born as well. :crying:

Nietsche (sp?) was right - "Everything the state says is a lie".
    If she was too young to choose then surely she was too young to choose to have sex, that makes it rape and I thouhgt even in US they gave you leeway if it was a child of rape?
    Neitzche

I think.............
    Toadborg wrote:
    If she was too young to choose then surely she was too young to choose to have sex, that makes it rape and I thouhgt even in US they gave you leeway if it was a child of rape?
    Good point.
    Statutory rape though.

I'm not sure what the situation would be in this country. Maybe the Gillick principle applies here...
    She's now in her 2nd trimester, so now her abortion will be more expensive and complicated as the days go by... I thought the State of Florida did not require parental/guardian consent? I know that voters had approved a measure which would allow them to make such a law, not that it would be in force already.

This is the same country where Catholic hospitals will make a rape victim take an ovulation test - just in case she's ovulating, and then she won't be given emergency contraception because heaven forbid she flushes out a blastocyst created in such a violent, disgusting and traumatic way.

All about the Culture of Lyyyfe!
    Kentish wrote:
    I'm not sure what the situation would be in this country. Maybe the Gillick principle applies here...

Pretty much Gillick I'd expect. Although at Marie Stopes, girls under 16 must have counselling first. The youngest girls I've seen at the clinic are 14. Surprisingly, most of the young girls come with their parents or an older friend/relative.
    Funny, I dont see you focusing on countries in which abortion is completly illegal.

Your focus on the US is sickening.
    Tell that to the news agencies that keep ramming such stories down our throats.

Or make a thread about countries where abortion is illegal and I'll be happy to contribute.

In the meantime, do you have any thoughts about this case?
    Funny, I dont see you focusing on countries in which abortion is completly illegal.

The point is that america is supposed to be the 'land of the free' which is why it attracts so much criticism when it's blatantly not. Set up a state with high standards and ideals and you will get shot down when it fails over and over to acheive them. Second best is simply not enough.
    Funny, I don’t see you focusing on countries in which abortion is completely illegal.

And your defense of the indefensible is pathetic, stop trying to tar people here of anti-Americanism and accept that criticism is important and that your continual denial of this criticism limits, freedom of speech one of the founding stones of the American constitution and probably does more harm then good in the debates on American policy...

Back to Subject

The problem here is the debate on abortion has become increasingly politicized here and in America. The child and she is only child rights have been sacrificed for a political agenda and I think it is a dangerous precedence and shows how split America is on this subject.

I think Howard Simon at the end of the article sums it up nicely
    Howard Simon

forcing a 13-year-old to carry on an unwanted pregnancy to term, against her wishes, is not only illegal and unconstitutional, it is cruel
    Why is it indefensible?

She is a silly girl for getting pregneant at 13 and frankly deserves to have the kid.
    Why is it indefensible?

She is a silly girl for getting pregneant at 13 and frankly deserves to have the kid.

You are a cunt.

With the sex "education" I they have over there im not suprised a 13 year old has got pregnant.
    Why is it indefensible?

:rolleyes: is that all you've got mat...try harder next time
    Why is it indefensible?

I was speaking about your general attitude over critisicm of america on this site and not specifically on that subject...

And the guy who got her pregnant? You can't look at pregnancy as a punishment because 2 people are required to conceive. Mistakes happen, why should she be forced to carry a pregnancy to term that she doesn't want?
    Oh really Mat? And pray tell what quality of child welfare do you represent in making such a claim?

Seems you simply feel the need to pipe up with any idiotic and unthought out comment you can every time rightful criticism is made of laws and practices which directly violate people's personal liberties in the US.

Perhaps we should have the British state make similar incursions into your rights to self determination and then we'll see how casually accepting of such practices you truly are.

Contentious simpleton!
    Why is it indefensible?

You are such a stupid idiot if you think that.
    Why is it indefensible?

You are either the world's biggest cock or a fairly reasonable troll.

So, her having a child is a suitable punishment?

Perhaps you should ask another question, does the child deserve to have her as a parent?
    So, her having a child is a suitable punishment?

Perhaps you should ask another question, does the child deserve to have her as a parent?

So she has the kid and it's then adopted?
    Adoption still requires a woman to go through pregnancy and subsequently give birth (which lets face it, isn't an easy ride) - it's an alternative to parenting, not pregnancy.
    NQA wrote:
    So she has the kid and it's then adopted?

Which part of that doesn't involve carrying the baby for another few months and then childbirth?
    Why is it indefensible?

oh you complete twat.
    haha conservatives
    aren't they bothered about finding out who got her pregnant because she's under age? That's so cruel making her go through a pregnancy and birth at 13.....and they moan that teenage pregnancy is so high!
    Would they let her if a parent or guardian gave consent?
    She's only a very young woman, why would Jeb Bush care about her? The entire Bush family has shown umpteen times already just how much they value the sanctity of female life and female autonomy. It's why gays are hated so much too: men that act "a bit like women", disgusting.

It is an interesting insight into the mindset of the Matadore (and, by definition, all right-wing nutters) that pregnancy is a punishment that women who dare to have sex "deserve". serves her right for having her own independent sexuality, eh?
    Ballerina wrote:
    Would they let her if a parent or guardian gave consent?

The state of Florida doesn't need parental/guardian consent or notification if a minor is to have an abortion.
    Apparently the judge made that ruling to spite the state department who took such bad care of her. This isn't a judge with a conservative agenda.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/04/30/State/Pregnant_girl_s_DCF_c.shtml

She will probably get her abortion after an appeal.