Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Thought for the Night.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Turkey Twizzlers....

Discuss :blush:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh you mean as a food??
    I was thinking of other things at first....

:p
    Erm ... revolting things that probably don't actually have any turkey in them?
    nope the food

have been on my mind all day :yes: jamie oliver says they represent everything he hates :chin:
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Turkey Twizzlers....

Discuss :blush:

Are those them odd smelling, grease oozing browny things which flake spicey...goo? Not a fan :(
    apparantly there made from blasting the meat from the bones with steam jets or something

barf
    Are those them odd smelling, grease oozing browny things which flake spicey...goo? Not a fan :(

Me neither.

Wonder whats actually in them? ............. actually i don't wanna know :yuck:
    GoodFella wrote:
    Wonder whats actually in them? ............. actually i don't wanna know :yuck:

niether do i.... they look like rubber..... surely can't be classed as food???
    Rubber tastes better .....
    "It had no fewer than 40 ingredients, including just 34 per cent turkey, plus water, pork fat, rusk, wheat starch, three sweeteners, including the controversial additive aspartame, hardened or hydrogenated vegetable oil and colourings and flavourings. "

This is one description after doing a search for turkey twizzlers ingredients on google...

Another said "For around two years they have been a staple on many school menus, but concern grew after tests revealed they contained 21.2 per cent fat when cooked - more than twice recommended guidelines. "

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    GoodFella wrote:
    Rubber tastes better .....
    Exactly :D

ewww turkey twizzlers.... still creeeping me out LOL
    I've never tried, though i do try to keep away from high fat processed foods.
    They always remind of ye olde style KFC .... back in the days before they were accused of putting rats in their food. Needless to say, I tend not to eat these things!!
    They put rats in KFC?!!! :nervous: :eek2:
    whaty whats?
    A story I was only reminded of this morning. Apparently years ago, health and safety closed down a number of KFCs because it was found that not only were they using bits of rats in their 'chicken', but that they were actually using whole ones!! How true this is, I don't know but I do have a vague recollection of it making the news.
    Popular in schools until Jamie Oliver worked his magic.
    I'd never come accross them until Jamie Oliver. And still don't want to tbh. :no:
    My bro used to guzzle them all the time...he's so grubby :(
    i hate them.... taste like shit.. our old highschool use to do tons of them
    I've never eaten them or seen them in real life, thankfully. I've only seen the on Jamies' school dinners, but they looked utterly vile.
    ive never tried one but after smelling them when my housemate cookes them :yuck:

i also dont understand why schools serve them....food isnt there to just fill a whole.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    You lot amaze me, you dont give a toss about shoving a cigarette in ya mouth/lungs knowing that it has cyanide in it. But a thing made of reformed turkey and colourings and suddenly everyone becomes a health guru.

people these days... =\
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    You lot amaze me, you dont give a toss about shoving a cigarette in ya mouth/lungs knowing that it has cyanide in it. But a thing made of reformed turkey and colourings and suddenly everyone becomes a health guru.

people these days... =\
    I don't like either :no:.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I quite like turkey twizzlers, they are tasty and I care not if they are packed full of hormones.
    You can eat them. You need that 22% fat. Infact youy need to eat a tub of lard every day just to stop you looking like skin and bones
    the day turkey twizzlers came on the menu at my old school is the day i decided i didnt need to eat until 3.15 every day
    Hellfire wrote:
    our old highschool use to do tons of them

:yes: and people ate them by the hundred...*shudders*.

I remember I liked them when they first appeared in my Primary school. Then again we didn't have much choice, there was a set menu at Primary school. Which also meant we didn't get them very often. Woo.

God I loved that place :(.
    Dr Pirate wrote:

:lol:

you're right, as well. not to mention the alcohol.

everyone eats/drinks/inhales things that aren't great for them occasionally. everything in moderation and all that.
    I like Turkey Twizzlers :blush:...dont eat them very often though, but Jamie's School Dinners reminded me how good they tasted so I went and bought a bag. Interesting fact: sales of TT went up by 1/3 after Jamie's rant about them!

But then again I also smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish, so I'm not a good advert for healthy living.