Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

new pope

1234568»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Obviously im not religious, but i dont really care what people believe in themselves. as long as they keep it to themselves, BUT in my expierence its people that say things like this that are so religious that they cant help preaching to everyone else, thats what pisses me off about religion more than anything else. in my opinion its people that think like you do that are CAUSING all the trouble in the world today Most of the major conflicts in history have been caused by one religion versus another. even today, terrorism in part is cause by religious fanatics ( both muslims taking the koran too seriously and the bible thumping Bush)(and im only talking about the religious FANATICS, NOT law abiding muslims, im not muslim bashing here).all over the world you have religious nuts trying to impose there version of morality/decency/family values on all the rest.... lets face it, that is ALWAYS going to cause violence and anger from other religions who dont share those same views, until religion is abolished ( and i mean here a complete seperation of church and state, im not abdicating outlawing religion, people can practice all they want in the confines of the house, and live there life the way they feel is most appropriate.)

Religions days are numbered... once the older generations start to dwindle, like they are doing now, hence the decline in numbers in most religions. each generation there will be fewer and fewer converts, but unfortunatly that wont be in my lifetime...

Craig
    ive posted stuff like this before and i seem to remember it didnt go down too well.
    prepare yourself for the onslaught of scared minded people!
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    ive posted stuff like this before and i seem to remember it didnt go down too well.

hehe, im ready for it, actually i hope there are some people who respond, it wouldnt be much of a debate if they didnt
    DEANO MAC wrote:

Your posts tended to be lacking something when compared to that guys. Aside from the general punctuation skills, we can see conjunctive statements such as "In my opinion" as opposed to the "what I say is right, and that's that" approach you generally go for.

As for what he said, there is some truth within. Yes religion is still a leading cause of war and suffering.

"lets face it, that is ALWAYS going to cause violence and anger from other religions who dont share those same views" looks only from the perspective of a none believer. Most (that's most - not every single fucking person) people who have a faith in some sort of religion are tolerant towards the faith of other people. People too often adapt to the false mentality that every single believer has their idea of what is right and fights to the death with it. This is not the case. It is no more adequate than me saying every single non-believer fights their point to try and disprove people with faith (maybe on this site they do, but I wouldn't go as far as to say this is how it is all over the world).

It seems like you're not protesting against religion as much as you're protesting against basic human rights. "people can practice all they want in the confines of the house" - Religion more often than not affects peoples lifestyles.. It's not something you can leave at the house when you go out and pick up later.

Your problem is with people who preach their religion. My problem is with people who try to render the beliefs of others as false, constantly coming out with mindless bullshit like "religion is for people who are scared of death", "religion is for cowards", "religion is for idiots and none of you can prove that God exists".. Because the people who believe reaalllllly need to justify themselves to those who don't. I wouldn't keep saying it if I didnt feel it was important; but a definitive answer on Religion has not been reached throughout time. If you think you're going to reveal all with a series of "prove God exists, oh - you can't? Then you lose and he doesn't exist"-styled comments then you're so far from wrong its laughable.
    Capacity wrote:
    It seems like you're not protesting against religion as much as you're protesting against basic human rights. "people can practice all they want in the confines of the house" - Religion more often than not affects peoples lifestyles.. It's not something you can leave at the house when you go out and pick up later..

of course it affects their lifestyles, and i dont expect them to leave it at the door when they leave the house, what i meant was that i dont want to have their beliefs pushed onto me. what i do expect is when they are in public they keep their beliefs to themselves WHEN it is regarding someone else. In a perfect world ( not likely ) you would never be able to tell if someone was religious or not, or of any particular faith.
    so i failed the punctuation test, i'm so sorry capacity.we can't all be perfect like you,but we can all not be a pompous twat!
    In a perfect world ( not likely ) you would never be able to tell if someone was religious or not, or of any particular faith.
    theres a lot of truth in that.
    why does the guy in the picture ...the pope ...wear half million pound frocks and sit on a throne?
    why do bishops live in palaces?

in fact you may be surprised to discover the bible ...yes that dreaded book again ...has a passage in it aimed at these people ...
    'you wear special cloaks and gowns ...you like to be seated at the head of your hosts table ...why do you lord it over others when you are supposed to be brothers'.
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    so i failed the punctuation test, i'm so sorry capacity.we can't all be perfect like you,but we can all not be a pompous twat!

You try and make it out like what you say is somehow 'well constructed' and not just randomly pulled out of your arse. Start having some respect for other peoples opinions instead of acting like yours is the only one worth giving a fuck about, and people might start having some respect for you. That's not me being 'pompous' (stop using that word btw, it makes you sound like a fucking square), that's me telling you how it is. People are getting fed up of your ignorance - And no, you can't be perfect like me. ;(
    of course it affects their lifestyles, and i dont expect them to leave it at the door when they leave the house, what i meant was that i dont want to have their beliefs pushed onto me. what i do expect is when they are in public they keep their beliefs to themselves WHEN it is regarding someone else. In a perfect world ( not likely ) you would never be able to tell if someone was religious or not, or of any particular faith.

Is it possible that people don't actually push their beliefs onto you (after-all, they're really got no point to) but you manage to see it this way? I really do find it a LOT more common for non-believers to try and force their opinions on those of us who do believe - trying to disprove every little part of religion and question the degree of belief within people. Don't know what much else to say, other than if you were religious you wouldn't think it a problem that we can sometimes tell when a person is religious or not... Freedom of expression and all that.
    capacity,you have taken a dislike to me since the "pope is dead" thread.you have attacked me several times on different threads calling me "ignorant" and not respecting other peoples belief's.
    i must admit that i don't really know how i come across to people on here until i get feed back like this,but i really do respect other peoples belief's or at least try to.i think you missunderstand me, because the impression i seem to be giving out doesn't match my real personality.bad spelling and shit puncuation doesnt help i suppose,but thats one reason i'm here,to learn how to spell.
    sorry for using the word "pompous" didnt realise it was banned,but your way of, "letting me know" is very pompous. just put me on your ignore list if i bother you that much.
    the reason i'm here is because i want to learn from people,not fall out with them...and have a laugh now and again!
    don't judge me so harshly when you don't really know me...please.
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    bad spelling and shit puncuation doesnt help QUOTE]
    gord i had some shit about that when i first came here ...everyones given up on me now.
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    but i really do respect other peoples belief's or at least try to.

"the pope is dead!!.. interested?"
    "its what the pope stood for,and how he got there........why should we care??"
    "religion, was born through scared mind's"
    "i won't deny that some people will be genuinely upset,but most will just be jumping on that band wagon."
    "i just don't understand this weak minded worship"

That's from the back half of the thread that I checked, excluding all your puppetry-nods to every equally-ignorant post you happened to agree with.
    You don't try hard enough.

I found this, amongst a few others, quite interesting. It's what someone responded to your "why should i care he meant nothing to me"..

"Hardly the point though. He may have meant nothing to you, and it appears that he meant nothing to Mr roll either, but, even if someone does mean nothing to you that doesn't mean that they mean nothing to anyone. Likewise, even if you disagree with everything that the man stood for, the time for discussing such things - if they need to be discussed at all, is hardly the moment of his death, that's just plain rude to him and all the people who do think something of him."

DEANO MAC wrote:
    don't judge me so harshly when you don't really know me...please.

I don't need to know you. I only need to know the side of you I see on here as it's the only side that a) affects me in the slightest way and b) I care about. Read through the thread again, take note to everyone else who was telling you to shush and just let it drop.
    Capacity wrote:
    "the pope is dead!!.. interested?"
    "its what the pope stood for,and how he got there........why should we care??"
    "religion, was born through scared mind's"
    "i won't deny that some people will be genuinely upset,but most will just be jumping on that band wagon."
    "i just don't understand this weak minded worship"

That's from the back half of the thread that I checked, excluding all your puppetry-nods to every equally-ignorant post you happened to agree with.
    You don't try hard enough.

I found this, amongst a few others, quite interesting. It's what someone responded to your "why should i care he meant nothing to me"..

"Hardly the point though. He may have meant nothing to you, and it appears that he meant nothing to Mr roll either, but, even if someone does mean nothing to you that doesn't mean that they mean nothing to anyone. Likewise, even if you disagree with everything that the man stood for, the time for discussing such things - if they need to be discussed at all, is hardly the moment of his death, that's just plain rude to him and all the people who do think something of him."

I don't need to know you. I only need to know the side of you I see on here as it's the only side that a) affects me in the slightest way and b) I care about. Read through the thread again, take note to everyone else who was telling you to shush and just let it drop.
    ok,but there is one post that you seem to have overlooked on that thread from me,and it was an apology to everyone that i may have offended.quite clearly it has offended you,and i'm sorry again.i have my belief's and looking back it was very insensitive of me to post them at that time.i can be headstrong now and then, but i can assure you that i'm not a bad person.
    can we put this behind us now? and will you stop stalking me? do you accept my apology?
    :banghead:

Seriously, stop with the self-love. I would not go out of my way to post on a thread I wasn't interested in just to "stalk" you. If accepting your apology involves me dismissing that, to me, you seem to respect nobodies opinions but your own, then you're out of luck. Saying that, you've already emphasied that you're not really a bad person and you do respect the opinions of others, so why do you need to prove yourself to me?

We can let it drop.
    Capacity wrote:
    :banghead:

Seriously, stop with the self-love. I would not go out of my way to post on a thread I wasn't interested in just to "stalk" you. If accepting your apology involves me dismissing that, to me, you seem to respect nobodies opinions but your own, then you're out of luck. Saying that, you've already emphasied that you're not really a bad person and you do respect the opinions of others, so why do you need to prove yourself to me?

We can let it drop.
    oh for fucks sake!! i dont love myself! i was trying to apologise to you! the "stalking" bit,is how you make me feel when you just keep popping up out of nowhere,and insulting me! can you not just see that i don't want any shit from you?..i didnt come here for that!...you need to chill the fuck out!!!
    gordon bleedin' bennet!
    SHUT UP ALREADY THE TWO OF YOU.
    AND DEANO HAS APOLOGISED QUITE HUMBLY IN MY OPINION.
    Ever had an arguement with someone online.. It finishes.. It's all over.. In the past.... Then some nub comes along saying "OMFG BOTH OF U STFU GROW UP ITS TH INTERNET FFS!!@;"?

= You, morrocan roll.
    Capacity wrote:
    Ever had an arguement with someone online.. It finishes.. It's all over.. In the past.... Then some nub comes along saying "OMFG BOTH OF U STFU GROW UP ITS TH INTERNET FFS!!@;"?

= You, morrocan roll.
    :razz:
    it's all Benedicts fault! dirty nazi ;)
    Capacity wrote:

= You, morrocan roll.
    i'm sorry but this sort of post does nothing but indicate YOUR ignorance!

1)deano + capacity =argument

2)apology + capacity=......0!

3)conclusion+deano=wanker!

your faith has taught you a great deal. ;)
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i'm sorry but this sort of post does nothing but indicate YOUR ignorance!

1)deano + capacity =argument

2)apology + capacity=......0!

3)conclusion+deano=wanker!

Define ignorance, idiot.

Actually don't. Just stop fucking moaning and crying about how people perceive you. Want me to define having no respect for people's beliefs? "your faith has taught you a great deal". That aside, people have no time for your shitty "conclusion+deano=wanker exclamation mark" which actually makes ZERO sense.

Don't expect a reply, you're just too fucking stupid and frankly worth nobodies time on these boards.
    I do.

In your discussion, only one of you is purporting to be a christian.

How about some of that forgiveness stuff, cap?
    Capacity wrote:
    Define ignorance, idiot.

Actually don't. Just stop fucking moaning and crying about how people perceive you. Want me to define having no respect for people's beliefs? "your faith has taught you a great deal". That aside, people have no time for your shitty "conclusion+deano=wanker exclamation mark" which actually makes ZERO sense.

Don't expect a reply, you're just too fucking stupid and frankly worth nobodies time on these boards.
    stop talking as though you speak for everyone on these boards,all i wanted was for you to accept my appology.but your too fucking high and mighty to do that.
    who the fuck do you think you are? other people manage to get on with me ok.
    call yourself a christian,your just a sad little twat with a fucking chip on your shoulder!
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    with a fucking chip on your shoulder!
    people are queuing up in the states to have their kids chipped!
    you can now have a chip in your hand ...on your shoulder if you realy wanted ...a chip that replaces your credit cards. your hand is scanned.
    no loss or theft of credit cards' people are WANTING this stuff.
    we'll all have a chip soon.
    i aint volunteering though ...they'll have to bring in a law that allows them to drag me screaming to the rubber room.
    oh hang on ...they all ready have?
    *lost for words*
    Forgot how wound up people could get on these boards.
    As for chips .... think I may just go and order some with cheese and nan bread ... see yas later!!
    up the democratic christain fundamentalist jewish nazi facist pope john paul the 2nd is my hero and is a legend green cannabis heroin free the bolivian peasants widows' vietnam war veterans party today...we'll win the election :thumb: