Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

First Illness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
when can you remember first being ill?

ive always had bad headaches from a young age, once had one that lasted three months when i was 15, but i remember fainting from one first when i was about 3/4 in the local library during the school holidays

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It must have been one of the many times I had the flu. I got it at least once a year until I was 14, and sometimes twice, as far back as I can remember.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Can't remember my first illness it was probably something simple as a cold but I do remember having chicken pox when I was 6/7.
    I remember going to the doc when I was diddy, glands in neck up...we didn't go back though he kept suspecting glandular fever...! Glands still always remain slightly up, really bad when I am a little poorly mind. Poor me along with low immunity..yes, I'm such a lightweight!

Malt xx :)
    gosh, when i was under 3 i had chicken pox, measles, whooping cough, and i managed to open the safety cap and drank an entire bottle of calpol :lol:. Actually that stuff does taste good i dont blame me for doing it.
    I had chicken pox when I was in juniors in primiary school where I had 13 days off.
    Blah_x2 wrote:
    gosh, when i was under 3 i had chicken pox, measles, whooping cough, and i managed to open the safety cap and drank an entire bottle of calpol :lol:. Actually that stuff does taste good i dont blame me for doing it.
    You were able to take the safety cap of under the age of 3? I can't even do that now at the age of 21 :lol:.
    i was very rarely ill until i was about 16. i had mumps when i was two, chicken pox when i was five, and this horrible pukey virus when i was about six where i felt well until i ate anything, and as soon as i did, i'd throw up everywhere. my mum sent me to my grandma's while she was at work, and my grandma was of the eat for health school of thought, so she kept telling me if i ate something, i'd get better, and i kept falling for it, and chundering all over the place.

that was it, on the physical side. mentally i was a bit of a mess from about 9.

then i got to 16 and my body fell apart :chin:
    It was either the constanst headaches (which I still get now) or that when I was in primary school, I have some red marks on my arms, which the first aider said was chicken pox. Turned out to be eczema...
    I don't really remember being ill as a child, all I know is that I had something wrong with my ENT (ear/nose/throat), but it's all fine now..
    I had whooping cough when i was about 6 months old, and developed asthma as a result of it. Thats probably the earliest.
    I remember having chicken pox when I was 5, that's the earliest I remember being ill I think, though I had mumps when I was 2.
    I never really used to be ill though, hardly had any days off school at all...my school reports have number of days absent on them and they were pretty much 0 all the way through!
    Chicken pox, i did actually have it twice once when i was quite a small baby and then again when i was 4 ish. I have one of them attractive scar/hole things that everyone seems to get on my head.
    I remember having chicken poks when i was 2 and i always have a cold like 5 times a year got one now!! :confused: so not feeling well at all but a bit better from monday
    lea_uk wrote:
    You were able to take the safety cap of under the age of 3? I can't even do that now at the age of 21 :lol:.

And there was me thinking I was bad enough! I'm 16 and can't take them off, no matter how hard I try...
    Prob being told i was depressed at the age of 10.
    now im always ill, i think im falling apart and should get a new bod!
    I had mumps when I was about 3 and have a vague memory of lying in a dark room all swollen up. Apart from that, I had a hideous ear infection aged 4 where my ear leaked wax... :yuck: and chicken pox aged 7. I was gutted about the chicken pox and cried for days because I had to miss being the dragon's head (starring role!!!) in a school assembly!