Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pregnancy??!?!?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My girlfriend could possibly be pregnant?!?! She says she last had sex 2 months ago, and didn't have period since then. Also she says that she has started developing a bump.

But she says she started her period today. So I would be grateful if anyone could fill me in whether it is possible she is pregnant?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Fraid the only way to tell is to get a preg test. Not that expensive out of most chemists, supermarkets etc. Pretty accurate too.

If she has had her period then it is unlikely [NOT IMPOSSIBLE] but unlikely that she is preggers.

Oh and if she is preggers, get her to go to the docs....just to make sure and get the ball rolling
  • Options
    Yeah I keep goin on at her to take pregnancy test to make sure.

Altho she has said she doesnt wanna keep it, if she is pregnant, which is kinda a good thing lol.

Next time Im out shopping with her I'll buy a pregnancy test for her, so she can't avoid it.
  • Options
    As Panthro says she really needs to do a test. If the bleeding was heavy it is unlikey she will be pregnant, but, light bleeding is reasonably common during pregnancy. She really needs to find out either way for sure with a test though, and then move forward from there,
  • Options
    Twizter wrote:
    she doesnt wanna keep it, if she is pregnant, which is kinda a good thing lol.

And why is that young man???? :eek2: [yes I know you are only a year younger than me]
  • Options
    Twizter wrote:
    Altho she has said she doesnt wanna keep it, if she is pregnant, which is kinda a good thing lol.

well if that's the case then I suggest she takes a pregnancy test pretty soon. If she was pregnant and wanted an abortion then sooner is always better than later.
  • Options
    Twizter wrote:
    Next time Im out shopping with her I'll buy a pregnancy test for her, so she can't avoid it.

next time u go shopping? i reckon it should be bought straight away to be honest so you both can start sorting out whats going on!
  • Options
    I meant the fact that she doesnt wana keep it is a good thing.

The reason is because her pregnancy isn't of fault of my own.
  • Options
    well if she is going to go down the abortion route, it is really important she finds out like tomorrow, so she doesnt get much further on. 'the next time your out shopping with her' isnt really good enough.
  • Options
    Well she says she is pretty sure she isn't pregnant. So I don't think she is up for the test.

Although I'm thinking she is saying this, so she could POSSIBLY get an abortion done without my knowledge. If you get what I mean by that?!
  • Options
    but why wouldnt she want u to know? she could probably do with the support so be there for her if you can.
  • Options
    Twizter wrote:
    Well she says she is pretty sure she isn't pregnant. So I don't think she is up for the test.

Let me see: a fiver or a baby? Mmmmm hard one....:p

Although I'm thinking she is saying this, so she could POSSIBLY get an abortion done without my knowledge. If you get what I mean by that?!

No no, she CAN get an abortion without your knowledge. Even if you were the father - she could get it without you even knowing!
  • Options
    Look, I know how scary it is to think you are pregnant, when you really really dont want to be, and you just keep hoping it will go away, but its always there at the back of your mind, eating away at you, that worry, and the longer you leave it the worse it gets. Even though I so didnt want that positive test, when I got it I actually felt better because I didnt have to think 'what if?' anymore. She really needs to do the test
  • Options
    What I mean is that she doesn't want to get me involved because it was nothing to do with me.

I would always support her.

I'll talk her into doing the test. If she is against it that is.
  • Options
    "I would always support her"

Would you really?

"What I mean is that she doesn't want to get me involved because it was nothing to do with me."

You are her b/f - how are you not involved?
  • Options
    well as long as you let her know you want to be there for her, and you'll go buy it with her and be there when she tests, thats as much as you can do I guess.
  • Options
    Clear and simple. She needs to confirm whether she is pregnant or not. As already said a simple home pregnancy kit is all that is required. She doesn't even have to take it home if she is worried about her parents finding out. Test in a public toilet as the results are ready in around 1min.

If she isn't pregnant then she needs to make an appointment with a doctor to discuss why her periods stopped and/or irregular.

If she is pregnant then she needs to confirm this ASAP if she is deciding on abortion (And before the anti-abortion brigade jump in this is not the thread to start up in). Abortion can not be carried out later than 24 weeks so the earlier pregnancy can be confirmed and steps taken the better. And I'm sure that if you go for an abortion they have to check that you are indeed pregnant first before they perform any sort of procedure. And how stupid will she look if she doesn't turn out to actually be pregnant.

You don't mention your friends age but I am assuming she is 16+ so her parents don't even have to know. Although she may/will need some sort of emotional support and you say you can provide that which is good.

If she is younger then parental consent MAY have to be given.

Check out

http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/safersex/unplannedpregnancy/abortion

for more information on abortions.
  • Options
    Twizter wrote:
    My girlfriend could possibly be pregnant?!?! She says she last had sex 2 months ago.

Wouldn't you know when you last had sex? Maybe it's just me but that just sounds a bit of a weird thing to say!
  • Options
    I think he means his girlfriend had sex with another guy... maybe before they were together. he is willing to support her and the baby.???
  • Options
    yeah my girlfriend has sex with another guy before we were together. and yes i am willing to support her and the baby if that is what she would want to do. we are both 17.

thanks everyone for your advice is appreciated
  • Options
    Twizter wrote:
    My girlfriend could possibly be pregnant?!?! She says she last had sex 2 months ago, and didn't have period since then. Also she says that she has started developing a bump.

But she says she started her period today. So I would be grateful if anyone could fill me in whether it is possible she is pregnant?

Thanks in advance.
    From the sound of your post, your girlfriend last had sex with someone other than you. Is that correct?
  • Options
    elsa wrote:
    From the sound of your post, your girlfriend last had sex with someone other than you. Is that correct?

:yes: see last post
    Twizter wrote:
    yeah my girlfriend has sex with another guy before we were together. and yes i am willing to support her and the baby if that is what she would want to do. we are both 17.
  • Options
    Hiya
    The others are right - your girlfriend needs to take a pregnancy test in order to put both your minds at rest - and to have enough time to make the right decision if she is.

Take a look at this article:

I think I'm pregnant

If your girlfriend is pregnant, you should read the following articles together:

I'm pregnant, what now?

Should I have a baby?

Hopefully, you will get the news that you want and you can get on with your life. It sounds like you haven't started a sexual reltionship with her yet, but when you do, this experience should spur you both on to make informed decision about your contraception. Take a look at our contraception factsheets.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    Ok, she NEEDS to take a pregnancy test ASAP. If she doesn't want a kid right now but there is a chance she might be pregnant then she needs to get it done right away. If she is scared about the result of it, which could be why she hasn't done one yet, then let her know you'll be there to hold her hand. If she still refuses to take one, then tell her that the longer she puts it off the higher the chances she won't be able to get an abortion if its positive!
  • Options
    Twizter wrote:
    I meant the fact that she doesnt wana keep it is a good thing.

The reason is because her pregnancy isn't of fault of my own.

you dont deserve a child....or actually a girlfriend with that attitude. i hope you dont tell her things you say on here, tho im sure she would love to hear how you dont want the baby as it 'isn't of fault of my own'
  • Options
    Maybe he should have worded it differently but how many seventeen year old boys want to support a child, let alone one that is not theirs but the result of their girlfriend cheating?
  • Options
    She didn't cheat she slept with this guy before she got together with Twizter.