Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Game probs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just brought Swat 4 yesterday and when I play it the aiming feels a little heavy and slow. My system is all over the required specs but it's playing up with just this little prob. All my other games are fine apart from this.

I have an ATI 128MB gfx card which should fine for it. the one thing I did think of was my monitor, it's only got a 30ms RT so I'm not sure if that's gonna make any differnce.

Suggestions?

EDIT: Just seen in the instruction book that it's recommened processer speed is 2.4ghz :/.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its most likely not the monitor. Im worried about your graphics card though, know what kind it is? gfx is a series name for Nvidia cards, yet you say you have an ATI card!
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    gfx = short for graphics.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yeah, I thought anyone posting in computing should know that? Oh well!

Um, turn down the setting to basic minimum. Or run it in diagnostic mode. What is your processor speed anyway?
    Know it sounds obvious but given the 'real-world' setting could the mouse speed be set low deliberately? Try and turn up the sensitivity if it is.
    Jim V wrote:
    Know it sounds obvious but given the 'real-world' setting could the mouse speed be set low deliberately? Try and turn up the sensitivity if it is.
    Yeah tried that but it now feels very sensitive but still quite heavy. I'll ask on the Swat 4 forums.