Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

He's got away with it again.

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    eta: just got it there now...anyway have you got a theory?

Lol. Don't i always?
    That or cuttlefish.

Could be.
    klintock wrote:
    Lol. Don't i always?

yes but whether they are as useful and valuable and intelligent as say one a 12 year old could make remains to be seen...you know living in a world where anything goes and greatness goes unnoticed...
    yes but whether they are as useful and valuable and intelligent as say one a 12 year old could make remains to be seen...you know living in a world where anything goes and greatness goes unnoticed...

heh. Nicely put. I would have thought that is a small child couldn't understand it then it wouldn't be that "true". :)

I do know what makes things true for me and for some other people i have met though.
    yea i get what you're at...still trying to find that universal truth though...that sounds too much like an oxymoron for my liking...anyway i'm going to get some kip...damn school
    klintock wrote:
    heh. Nicely put. I would have thought that is a small child couldn't understand it then it wouldn't be that "true". :)

I do know what makes things true for me and for some other people i have met though.
    well i think your an interesting nut case amongst your own.
    seriously ...i'm begining to wonder about the mental health of the planet as a whole.
    here i am talking to a fucking machine ...without moving my lips.
    digital mental/emotional feelings shared with other hidden souls.

it's insane man!
    That or cuttlefish.
    Damn, I knew I should have watched the programme about killer squids...
    MOK ...this is how they get away with ...anything and everything.

I'm not entirely convinced on this occasion that this is true.

There aren't a great number of people who supported the war, who will have changed their mind as a result of this information. There certainly won't have been a change in those who were against it.

So, a Prime Minister may have lied to us. This is nothing new, and it will be repeated again. Sometimes they do, sometimes they just don't tell us the whole truth and only include those elements which they feel we should know.

Anyone who really feels strongly should consider how they place their vote. I just don't think that huge numbers of people will. There are more, directly personal, issues on which to base their voting plans than just Iraq.

Besides Michael Howard would still have taken us to war, even in light of the
    recent revelations and I don't feel a huge groundswell toward the Lib Dems, do you?
    Are you seriously surprised?

This is a politician who has been personally implicated in corruption and bribery worth millions and millions of pounds, and that mud didn't stick to him either. In fact, the mud has stuck to him so little that people still consider the Conservatives (total corruption proven: about £50,000) to be more corrupt and more open to bribery.

personally I think he sold his soul to the devil, but either way, the man is taking the piss out of Britain and its population. The electorate is stupid, and he knows this and laughs at us all.
    Murdoch and Rove are chuckling right along with him Kermy! ;)
    Kermit wrote:
    The electorate is stupid, and he knows this and laughs at us all.

I don't thin that the electorate is stupid, just that they cannot see a viable alternative.

The main opposition's policies don't offer us hope, they rely on fear.

The LibDems whilst trying to offer hope, don't have enough grass roots support to get momentum in their campaign.

Which leaves the Labour party as the best of the bunch in terms of what they can offer. IMHO.

Doesn't mean that I will vote for them, but millions will...
    I don't thin that the electorate is stupid, just that they cannot see a viable alternative.

A semi-valid point. the lack of a viable alternative does not prevent the electorate from being stupid, which they are.

Survey after survey has shown that people consider the Conservatives to be much more corrupt than Labour, even though in every term of measurement New Labour comes out as significantly more corrupt than the Tories.

The electorate are stupid, fact. If they were not then pathological liars like Blair wouldn't keep maintaining such high approval ratings.
    I think you have a point Kermit.

I also think it's worth remembering that most people don't actively seek out the facts themselves, they absorb stuff through the marvellous hypnotic device known as TV. Even the brightest person can be manipulated if you restrict the facts they have available to them.

Agenda setting, framing of debate and timing of them are all as important as the content involved.
    Kermit wrote:
    The electorate are stupid, fact. If they were not then pathological liars like Blair wouldn't keep maintaining such

high approval ratings.

This assumes that people would not vote for him if they did think he was liar, are you sure about that?

Why would you necessarily expect a liar to have low approval ratings?
    I suspect many people believe Blair lied over Iraq (personally I don't, but that's another matter), but politicians in this country are held in so low regard I think the public assume most of them lie. That's why Howard's attempt to lable Blair a liar fail because everyone just shrugs and go's 'Yes, but you lot aren't any different'
    If someone trusts a liar to run the country then they are an idiot.

And I quite agree klintock about the media and their agenda. Perhaps stupid is an unfair choice of word: horrendously ignorant probably fits better. Still means the same thing though.
    Well for a start I shall be pedantic and suggest that everyone is a liar to some degree.

Next I shall suggest that if the choices are all liars then what to do? Someone has to have the job.

Also it may not be so black and white. I may think Blair a liar but I might beleive him on other things, that is not unreasonable.

Lastly it is policy not character that I care about, and that most people do. Branding everyone 'stupid' is quite ridiculous.

Who will you vote for then?
    Someone has to have the job.

Do they?

Can I ask why you think that is?
    Well for a start I shall be pedantic and suggest that everyone is a liar to some degree

When your little lies lead to the deaths of thousands, it's a bit different than saying "you look lovely" to a fat sister or something.
    Also it may not be so black and white. I may think Blair a liar but I might beleive him on other things, that is not unreasonable.

If he will openly lie about the most important decision he will ever take, how the hell can you trust him, on anything else?
    Lastly it is policy not character that I care about, and that most people do.

Policies made by liars and thieves, crooks and murderers is always good, neh?
    Who will you vote for then?

None of the above.
    klintock wrote:
    Do they?

Can I ask why you think that is?

No because I cannot be bothered, most people will except it.....
    klintock wrote:

If he will openly lie about the most important decision he will ever take, how the hell can you trust him, on anything else?

Well for example I do not trust Tony Blair over international issues.

But I do trust the Labour govt with their handling of the economy. If I think the latter is more important than the former then it is plausible for me to vote Labour.......
    klintock wrote:
    Policies made by liars and thieves, crooks and murderers is always good, neh?

No but it can be. I am sure you do not think in such black and white as to say 'he did something bad thus evrything he does is bad, do you?