Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Who's decided where to go?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Sooooooooooooo....

Who's decided where they're going to uni?

I'll be heading off to Kingston upon Thames in September to do Human Rights and Politics.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought you were already at uni? :confused:
    Bristol in October to do Politics and Sociology
    I thought you were already at uni? :confused:
    Nope... although I'm 21... took a year out to work.
    I want to go to Warwick to do MMath or MMORSE (masters mathematics, operational research, statistics and economics). I'm going to an open day this september (i missed the one last saturday) and that should help me decide which - then hopefully september 2006 I'll be starting!!!

Got York as a backup though ;) (even though they ask for ABB!)
    Hopefully will be off to Oxford Brookes in September, to do History and English Language and Linguistics. :yes:
    me too!

I'm heading off to oxford brookes too, for business and manegement(i think thats the course name).
    I decided over two years ago. It was either Cambridge or Bristol and I opted with Bristol because the course sounded better and, well, what can I say, it's a quality place!
    oooh you all sound so professional. though I'm nowhere near old enough yet.. I've already decided to go Bristol. mainly cos its a fab place, I have an aunty and uncle living there I can scrounge off and about an hour away in wales lives about 20 odd relatives and my dad. not sure what to do.. maybe something to do with psychology and fashion. is there a degree in the psychology of fashion?!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Huddersfield for Business Economics.

Sunderland for Business and Journalism as an insurance.
    Cambridge

full of upper class toffs...glad you avoided it

i wanted to go to liverpool or manchester but i forgot to put them down in my ucas as i only had one day really to fill it out so i rushed it

i'm going to Queens University Belfast to study modern history and politics (hopefully)
    id love to be able to tell a few people in here where to go :chin:

i went to sunderland for computing science with networking
    Hopefully Warwick to do philosophy... 2nd choice York...
    turlough wrote:
    full of upper class toffs...glad you avoided it

Well, sadly owing to my upbringing, I would have fitted in that well but the main factor was the cities. Cambridge is bollocks for nights out, shopping and music scene unless you're a velvet jacket-wearing indie berk. Bristol is quality for all these things and, unlike 50 years ago, Oxbridge is not the be all and end all of higher education. Please don't any Oxbrdige students take this as a cue to have another Oxbridge vs. everyone else thread; those are fucking boring.

Sadly Bristol do not do fashion with philosophy to whoever asked that question. If it's the city of Bristol you're after rather than the exact University of then I'm sure UWE (University of the West of England) does a course like that. The singer in my band does fashion there but I'm not sure what the scope for combining it with psychology is but check it out all the same.
    turlough wrote:

i'm going to Queens University Belfast to study modern history and politics (hopefully)

I've got a few friends doing that at Queens this year. It was a bit of a wake up call for them when they found out it was very Nationalist orientated!
    Hopefully Warwick to do philosophy... 2nd choice York...

:eek2: Did you copy my post? :eek:
    I've got a few friends doing that at Queens this year. It was a bit of a wake up call for them when they found out it was very Nationalist orientated!

aye i know...weird like...you see people playing hurling in the holy lands and all at 4 in thre morning... :crazyeyes
    im going to glamorgan to study film and tv set design in september ;)

ive only been to wales like once before and that was only for a couple of hours so i have nooo idea what ive got myself into!! what i saw was nice though and the people were friendly :)
    I used to be able to see Wales out of my window last year but now I can't. Thank God.