Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Busted wit pills....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Could someone plz tell me the penalty for getting busted wit 5-10 pills? it's just I've got a crew of friends going to crasher may 1st for my b'day, and we usually buy in there but some of the crew what to take some in wit them. The security to these nites r pretty tight wit searches and sniffer dogs, I just want it to go smoothly as it's my b'day......

Some ppl say it's dodgy getting in there but we've done it before and just thinkin of the worst worst case scenario being locked up on my bday!!!!

opinions would be useful,

ta

Comments

• Options
    you might want to give your location because laws are different internationally
  • Options
    Penalties differ depending on the judge (at least in the UK). Different counties deal with offences differently. I know people who've been given short sentences for carrying comparatively little, and some others who've got off with community service for carrying around the same amount.

The golden rule, though, is:

If you get busted, keep your mouth shut.

Don't say ANYTHING until you have a lawyer (in the UK, legal advice is free).

Until you have legal represenation, do not say ANYTHING. There's no such thing as 'an informal chat with the police to sort it all out': they can and will use anything you say in court against you.
  • Options
    If you be sensible about where your hiding your pills then you should be alright. I don't think they'd have sniffer dogs at gatecrasher.

I'm hoping to go myself, gonna try and get a few people together and see all whos going.
  • Options
    *cough* in your socks *cough*

Security staff can't force a strip search on you, so the only way they'd find em would be if they asked you to take your shoes & socks off and you agreed.
  • Options
    Inside a little bag strapped to you know where...
  • Options
    ...the town hall?
  • Options
    underneath the town bell
  • Options
    That's a surefire way of not getting caught with them, certainly.
  • Options
    ...even then a dog sniffing your crotch wouldnt give the game away...
  • Options
    Quite why you'd be underneath the town bell with a dog sniffing your crotch is beyond me...

Is it some sort of ritual?
  • Options
    they should lock all you druggies up and throw away the key!
  • Options
    they should lock all you druggies up and throw away the key!

Of course, because we all know that everyone who takes drugs is criminal scum...

:p;)
  • Options
    Chem:Lab wrote:
    Of course, because we all know that everyone who takes drugs is criminal scum...

:p;)
    thats the way ...hang 'em from fucking lamposts.
  • Options
    We'd prefer the town hall, if that's ok.

It's got special meaning.
  • Options
    Some ppl say it's dodgy getting in there but we've done it before and just thinkin of the worst worst case scenario being locked up on my bday!!!!

if you take Class A drugs into and event or licensed premises (well obviously if you possess them at all) you are running the risk of being caught and held, which wouldnt be the nicest way to spend a birthday.

Chem:Lab's point was VERY important, do not admit to ANYTHING without a brief (lawyer) and by that i mean if you are caught do not even admit they are pills until you have spoken to a lawyer, just stay silent whatever they say, only speak to confirm your name and that you understand why you are being arrested.

And if you do put them in your sock for gods sake roll the bag into a tube and place it in the groove under and along the bottom of your toes, NEVER in your instep, a quick finger down the side of the trainer and you've been had, fewer searches involve you taking your trainers all the way off but its not uncommon. No stash is fool proof.

For information on the drugs possetion and the law, and in this case i reccomend giving RELEASE a call ( 0845 4500 215 ) or go to their website www.release.org.uk

Be careful, be informed and have a nice birthday :)
  • Options
    In my experience (not myself but mates) if the police bust you with a few at a club then the most likely thing to happen is a caution.

If you are offered that my advise would be hold your hands up, say yes gov, and sign on the dotted line.
  • Options
    If you've not got many on you (between 1 and 5 say), and you ARE caught - after obtaining legal advice, you can probably pursuade them that it's for your own consumption and you weren't dealing.

Police are far more interested in dealers, and if they think are one, they'll come down on you like a ton of bricks.
  • Options
    There was a definate opperation one time I went to Bagleys (the one and only time) they wanted to get as many people as possible so they were stop searching loads of people.

My mate was busted and he was offered (as was virtually everyone) a caution and he took it.

If they are offering you a caution for a Class A then to my mind its not worth fighting.
  • Options
    it really depends on where you are, The mood that the club are in and policy that they hold on drugs and the mood that the police are in if it comes to that.

I used to work in a night club, one night a guy was caught dealing (he had 32 on him at this point and a hefty amount of cash), held by the doorstaf until the police arived and then had his drugs confiscated by the police and nothing else happened, i think that they were a bit bent tho because they wouldnt even give the club a reciept or sign the "drugs book" which was what usually happened.

I also saw 2 guys get caught with pills on another night, one had 120 the other had 13. The guy with 120 got comunity service the guy with 13 got 6 months. Its really just the luck of the draw
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    If you would like to know what the law says, you could have a look at theSite's articles If you are caught with drugs and Drugs and the Law.