Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Smart / Casual Shoes.. Finding A Balance!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I encountered a problem last week, it was a 40th birthday party and I dressed in:

black v-neck sweater with a white t-shirt underneath
light blue diesel jeans

Anyway, the problem came when I had to pick footwear.. I have numerous trainers and 2 smart pairs of shoes for interviews, etc.

I had no idea what to wear and in the end went for the shoes.. I was wondering what would you guys have done... is there a middle between the two that I should get or something... shoe trainers maybe lol..

I didn't want to look scruffy going there in trainers, but then again I didn't want to look over-dressed bringing out the smart shoes..

thanks guys :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Shoes with jeans are fine, especially if the top half is casual.

I would have chosen the shoes, black [preferably] although brown would be acceptable.
    i don't think shoes look right with jeans. unless your in your mid 40s or older, in which case it's fine (well, it still looks wrong, but since you're ageing now, i'll let you off). otherwise i just want to scream at people, take them to a shop immediately and re-dress them.

if it's casual enough to wear jeans, it's casual enough to wear trainers. if you want to wear shoes, wear smarter trousers.
    I would of worn a nice pair of trainers that looked presentable not a pair that were really mashed up.