Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to approach

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This will probably sound really childish but i'll tell you anyway to see if anyone can help.

I went to this party last friday. Anyway this girl was sitting on her own so i went over and started to talk to her (using the charm). Abit later on we ended up dancing and after a few dances we got quite close when a slow song came on. Then as we were really getting close so stopped because people were looking and she was embarrased (mainly my mates, gobsmacked at how id managed to pull someone that was quite fit). We never really spoke because the night ended about half an hour later.

We got back to school yesterday and im not sure on how to appraoch her. She is in the year below me so we dont really any of the same people, this means its not to easy to approach. My previous girlfriend was a friend before so i didnt have this problem and i normally have enough confident but for some reason im bottlining this time.

Really how should i approach her and what should i say to her if i want this to go further.

Comments

• Options
    hi. simple, be friendly - say hi when you see her around school (lunchtime, end/beginning of the day?) , ask her how she is etc. You just have to be relaxed and yourself, dont think about it too much, if the conversation goes well you could always suggest meeting up at the weekend or something. Keep it relaxed though cos if it doesnt seem like you're making a really big thing about it then chances are she'll feel more relaxed about it too.
  • Options
    Personally, if she was more concerned about what her friends might think than you, she's not worth it mate.
  • Options
    Personally, if she was more concerned about what her friends might think than you, she's not worth it mate.

No it was my mates that were making her embarassed because they get looking and shouting stuff.
  • Options
    My bad. Tell them to shut up next time!

Just say hi to her. The worse thing that can happen is that she won't be that interested in you. It's not like she'll cut your balls off. Just remember, nothing ventured, nothing gained!
  • Options
    Just say hello and talk to her like you would any other girl! But obviously a bit different 'cause you like her. Maybe mention the other night - ask her whether she had a good night etc etc.
  • Options
    Attempt to catch her on her own to minimise embarrasment, and just say hi. See how she has been and what she's been up to. Apologise for your friends behaviour and then see how it goes....maybe ask her if she wants to come out with you some time..
  • Options
    Just say hello and talk to her like you would any other girl! But obviously a bit different 'cause you like her. Maybe mention the other night - ask her whether she had a good night etc etc.

Mabye that's not the best idea, it could make her embarrased and uneasy...but, you never know it could work and get her giggling.
  • Options
    Im going to go for it tomorrow. Ill go up ask if she enjoyed the other night and ask what she is doing this weekend (hopefully she'll fall for the charm again). Ill let you know what happens
  • Options
    just go and ask if she enjoyed the party , make up general chit chat
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    ...(hopefully she'll fall for the charm again)...

No no no!! Just be yourself, don't try and go for all the old clichees, you end up looking slimy. But good luck though :)