Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

CLAIT vs RSA

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Does anyone know how a CLAIT qualification compares to RSA?

My girlfreind recently did the CLAIT+ and is looking for a job. Lots of jobs ask for RSA but none mention CLAIT so I am interested to know how the two compare

Cheers.............
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have both CLAIT & OCR certs. RSA is part of the Oxford, Cambridge, Rsa board that don't just concentrate on word processing, as Clait tends to.

I think CLAIT is yer basic word processing with internet and database spreadsheets etc whereas ocr and the like delve into powerpoints, audio, medical and legal software. I think - but don't hold me to it - that RSA would be slightly more advanced that CLAIT...
    Why not do the ECDL? European Computer Driving Liscense? I'm doing it at the mo; various levels and modules- tis great.
    notebookkt wrote:
    Why not do the ECDL? European Computer Driving Liscense? I'm doing it at the mo; various levels and modules- tis great.

Great? Hmmm.... :eek2:
    notebookkt wrote:

:no:
    ECDL, I would have thought, is more recognised? Not taken it myself, but wouldn't have thought it to be that dissimilar to CLAIT or RSA.

Mac.
    From what I've seen of local colleges round here they are phasing out CLAIT in favour of the newer ECDL. ECDL basic level is free to under 19's in full-time education. Covers all the normal stuff, file and folders, internet and e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, power point etc. Once you have your basci certificate you can take it right up to level 4 I think- advancing your skills in each (and new) areas. As the name suggests its widely recognised.
    Thanks for replying..........