Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pcos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I may have this (have to have a test done in a few weeks)...can anyone give me any reassurance because im scared out of my mind at the mo! :nervous:

Comments

• Options
    You may have what sorry?
  • Options
    is that polycystic ovary syndrome?
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    is it notjust a blood test?
  • Options
    My sister in law has that. Is it the tests you're scared of or something else?
  • Options
    im not scared of the tests im just worried!
  • Options
    just remember that if you do have it, it's better to know, cause then something can be done about it.

illness is never fun, but the more you know about it, the easier it is to live with.

good luck :)
  • Options
    thanks!
  • Options
    Also, Pcos is really not a big deal. if you have it, they'll probably put you on dianettefirst and see how that goes. pcos really doesn't affect your life except to stop your periods.
    you may have lessened fertility, but that's about it.
  • Options
    AmsyBamsy wrote:
    Also, Pcos is really not a big deal. if you have it, they'll probably put you on dianettefirst and see how that goes. pcos really doesn't affect your life except to stop your periods.
    you may have lessened fertility, but that's about it.

:yes: It doesn't stop ya periods though, it just makes them very irregular and heavy generally. Weight gain is another sympton as well.
  • Options
    Kazbo wrote:
    :yes: It doesn't stop ya periods though, it just makes them very irregular and heavy generally. Weight gain is another sympton as well.

my periods are irregular anyway, thats why i went to the docs...basically my last heavy period was in january, then i had a short one (1-2 days) in march and i havent had one since...i got worried after the 2 day one because i usually last 6-7 days and im always heavy!
  • Options
    Hi Sopho,

This site is a registered charity for PCOS I just found and there are discussion boards on there, maybe it'd be helpful for you to talk to people on there who have been through what you're going through and can possibly reassure you about worries you have etc
  • Options
    TheSite also has stuff about pcos, which explains it far better than i do.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote:
    Hi Sopho,

This site is a registered charity for PCOS I just found and there are discussion boards on there, maybe it'd be helpful for you to talk to people on there who have been through what you're going through and can possibly reassure you about worries you have etc

thanks for that!