Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Only in America

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can you beleive this

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,153985,00.html

If I had land in America Id try and create an image and rake inthe money

But seriously look at the image itdosnt look likt the virgin Mary atll its obviously a stain

Charge people for admission what a money spinner.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To be fair this happens in many countries across the globe, not just America.

Only last year tens of thousands of pilgrims visited a cliffside somewhere in Australia because the shade it projected looked (a tiny bit) like the Virgin Mary.

Others have seen the face of Jesus in many bizarre places from potatoes to walls.

In 100% of cases this can be safely disregarded as a load of bovine excrement, naturally.

P.S. Funny how Catholic deities show themselves up only in countries with Catholic representation, Muslim prophets in Muslim countries, and so on. You would have thought it's in those countries that don't believe in them that the Gods would want to be seen at, don't you?
    "Excuse me Homer, I have to go and appear in a Tortilla in Mexico"

God, the Simpsons.
    Has anyone seen what God looks like in South Park? :D
    There's a bird shit that when the blinds are closed and you look at it when it's bright looks like Jesus's face on my registration room's window :yes:
    Has anyone seen what God looks like in South Park? :D
    Yep.

316_deity.gif

:D
    Aladdin wrote:
    Yep.

316_deity.gif

:D

That is just sheer genius. I mean, you couldn't possibly take the piss in a better way :D
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Roffle.

America sucks... but yeah, this happens all over hte world, but it happens so much in the US its jsut funny, when none of them ever do seem to be the religious figure they are meant to be.
    Aladdin wrote:
    You would have thought it's in those countries that don't believe in them that the Gods would want to be seen at, don't you?

You don't seriously believe that stain on an expressway underpass was really a message from God do you? :lol::lol::lol:
    Heheh, they really do.

:lol:
    1291024.jpg

You have to laugh... :D
    Aladdin wrote:
    1291024.jpg

You have to laugh... :D

Looks like a piss stain to me. Ah well, takes all sorts I suppose
    Its indicative of Mankinds deep yearning to find God, to fill the emptiness of his soul, to seek eternal salvation. Thats all.
    When I first read that I thought it said "Some see virgin mary in underpants stain" which would really be taking it a bit far, I think.
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Its indicative of Mankinds deep yearning to find God, to fill the emptiness of his soul, to seek eternal salvation. Thats all.
    It's indicative of ignorance and brainwashing, nothing more.
    why am i not suprised that you pulled this story off the foxnews website. :rolleyes:
    Aladdin wrote:
    It's indicative of ignorance and brainwashing, nothing more.
    No. There is an emptiness, a void in most people's souls as they realise that despite all the material possessions they've accumulated they're still not happy. They bought into a "con" when what they really wanted was nourishment for their souls and a purpose to their life.
    If it was on my wall theyd be contributing to ending the emptyness inmy wallett.
    look dude regardkess of religion and trying to find god and all that, ya gotta admit that these people are just buying into some trumped up piss stain. And that in a few years they're gonna look back at this and have a good laugh
    look dude regardkess of religion and trying to find god and all that, ya gotta admit that these people are just buying into some trumped up piss stain. And that in a few years they're gonna look back at this and have a good laugh
    Of course they are, all I'm saying is thats indicative of a deeper yearning. There have been instances of other such images, statutes of the Virgin Mary that cry tears, statues that move, etc.
    People are seeking something ......
    well best of luck to em. Meanwhile i'm just gonna have a good laugh over this whole thing
    Some people are seeking something.

And those who seek solace on a piss stain on a wall should be seeking medical help.
    Aladdin wrote:

And those who seek solace on a piss stain on a wall should be seeking medical help.
    Come on lamp boy you can do better than that. You disappoint me greatly.
    No. There is an emptiness, a void in most people's souls as they realise that despite all the material possessions they've accumulated they're still not happy. They bought into a "con" when what they really wanted was nourishment for their souls and a purpose to their life.

Jesus Christ RK.

You posted last week saying that material goods were what everyone needed/wanted and anyone who thought otherwise was a liar!!

Are you this bad at trolling or are you a genuine schizo?
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Come on lamp boy you can do better than that. You disappoint me greatly.
    Sorry pisshead :)
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aladdin wrote:

How True.

Bitch Kid, Shush, not everyone wants to worship where some drunk chappy took a leak. There are those who like that. But not all.