Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

v-plates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay so due to a certain scenario in our group of friends it got some of us girls thinking.

If you were dating someone a bit younger and found out that they had never slept with anyone before you would that make you more nervous than usual (baring in mind that you had been sexually active for a while).

One friend said she'd be happy as it would mean they had nothing to compare it to and therefore she'd feel more confident.
Another friend said she'd be rather daunted to be someone's first as you stay in their memory forever as their "first".
I said that i didn't quite know as on one hand you think aw it's quite sweet really and you'd be pretty honoured to be someone's first but then also i'd find it a bit daunting as you'd have to be the teacher and the dominant one.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Never been with anyone younger than myself, but i have slept with about 4 virgins (god that makes me sound awful considering i'm only 18!). To be honest i think it depends on how much you care for the person. The last virgin i slept with was a bit crap becasue i was left to do all the work. Obviously not that it was his fault as he didn't really know what he was doing, but i was with him for the wrong reasons...well it was just crap.
    hmm... dunno really. my current bfs my first and he's two years older than me. plus i was his first two. i think whether or not the person has experience, they're still gonna know if you're crap in bed! i'd worry about the memory, but then again the first time is never as good/life-changing/important as american teen films make it out to be ;s
    I've slept with two virgins and the first time was my first time aswell so it was pretty crap. The second time was with my current g/f and she just asked me to take it slow and be gentle and she said she really enjoyed it. You've just got to be sensitive and respect that it's something completely different and they're not going to be desperately confident so just take it slow and let them get a feel for it if you excuse the pun!
    I've been in that situation and well to be honest he turned into the best sexual partner I've had, cos he learnt by what I like and want. Just let him take things at his pace really, giving him hints here and there. Would actually quite enjoy to get my hands on someone else who still has their v-plates, the whole being able to guide and teach is a turn on to me.
    Well i have never slept with a virgin, as i have only had sex with one guy, still with him and he wasn't a virgin when i met him.
    But i dunno if i would feel totally comfortable with it, am a paranoid person so i would be thinking 'what if i screw up his idea of what sex is suppose to be like?'
    my boyfriend was a virgin when we slept together, i'd slept with 2 people before. but even tho it was his first time he was really good with it all, knew what he was doing etc. he was just really nervous...bless him :heart:
    I've done it without realising, although he wasn't younger than me.

He was really bad and it wasn't until after I broke up with him and he started seeing one of my friend's mates that I found out I'd taken his v-plates.

Although he had NO excuse for being so bad I was watching TV over his shoulder tbh.
    Kazbo wrote:
    I've been in that situation and well to be honest he turned into the best sexual partner I've had, cos he learnt by what I like and want. Just let him take things at his pace really, giving him hints here and there.

Yes, yes, and yes again.

You never hear 'well my EX liked it that way', or 'every other girl I've slept with has loved it up the bum'. They ask what you like, and they do it the way you like it done :D

Guys who've been about a bit quite often (mistakenly) assume they're god's gift in the bedroom, and will not be told that their technique leaves quite a lot to be desired.
    Nope virgins ain't my thing, I'd personally tell her to wait till they were in a relationship or something.
    doesnt make me feel any different really.
    kaffrin wrote:
    They ask what you like, and they do it the way you like it done :D

Guys who've been about a bit quite often (mistakenly) assume they're god's gift in the bedroom, and will not be told that their technique leaves quite a lot to be desired.

:yes: couldnt agree more
    I don't think it would bother me, my boyfriend at the minute had only slept with one girl before me and that was at his friends house party or whatever, so it wasn't like he was master of technique or know it all or anything ;p and i had only slept with one person before him, so i probably wasn't even!
    In that theoretical position I would be a bit more nervous and feel more pressured, as I wouldn't want to be crap for her first time.
    Im not sure how i would feel. i wouldnt not sleep with the person just because they were a virgim mind. It might end up a bit arquard just because im not very good at saying what i want
    I think it would make me more confident that im sleeping with a virgin. me I've slept with a virgin and it was pretty good as it was sweet as well.. this was ages ago. But i deffinetly wouldnt sleep with some on just becasue they're a virgin i have to be attracted to them and know them for a long enough time.