Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tall People & Jeans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all,

I'm 6"2 which is very tall as it is, and all my life I've been put off wearing jeans because I don't think they really suit tall people at all... maybe that's just me being silly, but that's what I think.

I mainly wear just plain combat pants and mainly bag stuff to try and not make me stand out as much.

Anyway, i figured that it's about time I give jeans another go and was just hoping for some advise from you guys.

I think baggy ones would be cool, but I don't want them to be overly baggy, as in what skaters and the like wear (not that there's anything wrong with that, just not my style), but a fine balance... Anyone got any suggestions of brands, type.. anything in that way??

Also another thing

Comments

• Options
    I am 6"1' and have no problems with jeans.

What about straight-legs, flared?
  • Options
    yeh maybe... I don't jave problem with jeans either, I have 3-4 pairs, I just have an issue with them making me look too tall :(
  • Options
    they only make u look tall if they get tighter at the ankle, or if they are slim cut, or worn too high on the waist.

try baggyish ones like u said, or bootcut, and wear them low, and wear them long
  • Options
    I had exactly the same problem. I found jeans were inavariably to tight around the knees making my legs look like matchsticks, and never baggy enough around my shoes, regardless of what cut.

Eventually I just stopped buying jeans although I'd still try on pairs every so often but for about a year I never had a pair of jeans.

However.............I finally found a fucking great pair in a shop called x-ile when i explained to the girl what I was looking for, basically the same as you, not skater baggy but a little wide around the legs.

In the end I bought some G-Star Garber Chino's (they're only called chinos cos they make the same trouser as a chino, but my ones are denim) and they're brilliant, best pair of jeans i've ever had. They're loose around the legs so they don't make you look too skinny and at the same time don't look like shitty skater jeans. They're also wide around the bottmo aswell so they go over your trainers nicely and don't bunch up.

gstarjeans.jpg

Thats the one's I got, but I'd imagine most of the range are pretty similar.

Oh, on the con side they're £90. But I never stop wearing mine so it's been worth it.