Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Any interesting job ideas?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am leaving college soon, and am going to look for a full time job. I will have 11 GCSE's, 3 AS Levels and 2 A Levels. I want to do something exciting, rather than an office job, and something with reasonable pay. Anyone have any cool ideas?
xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What are your A-levels in? Office jobs dont have to be boring, It all depends on where and what type of office really. In my home town I wouldn't dream of doing an office job as the place iss so dead beat and horrible and arg badness. But over the summer I want to work for the Cardiff NHS and i am really hoping to get something out of that.

Bopzz
    Ha Ha, the army has always been a kina weird option for me. There is the good side of randomness and group effort then there is the downside of dying. But there is more to it than frontline infantry so always a possibility.

Bopz
    Which A levels are you doing? Do you have any work experience or hobbies?

You could try to get on a management scheme with one of the big retailers. I think BT do a scheme for people with A Levels.

To be honest it's not that easy to get an interesting job with just A Levels. I tried a few years ago and just ended up working in shops or pubs, or data entry.
    ok cheers guys
    x
    My A-levels are travel and tourism. I have had nearly 3 years work experience in a hotel as a waitress, and i have also worked in a shoe and bag shop.
    How much does a job just as a sales assistant in say a clothes shop pay annually?
    cg303 wrote:
    How much does a job just as a sales assistant in say a clothes shop pay annually?

I think that depends on the store, and what you postition is in it. I dunno about annually but i'm guessing around £5.50 an hour or something.
    It will be around 6-8 grand anually, depends on hours worked really etc etc

Bopz
    cg303 wrote:

most shop jobs are £4.50 - £5 an hour, which works out as £8775 - 9750 annually (full time) before tax.

but it does depend on age and experience and type of shop.
    cg303 wrote:
    My A-levels are travel and tourism.
    Rep, travel agent, Stewardess, Pilot?