Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

music composition

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
for music gcse, i had to write 2 compostions. i wrote the first ne, the one we had to perform. i copied the second one from an old music book of mine but changed it slightly. if my composition gets chosen (from random) for the sample for the moderator, will i get kicked off music gcse or will i lose all my other subjetcs too? cos apart from that, its all my own work :confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    IIRC, you'd just get disqualified from that one subject. But don't you have to sign a form to say that all the work you submit is your own work?
    If you have changed it lots like just sampled sections of it that you like & the composed the rest yourself then it should be ok:)

On the other hand say you are a grade C student & your own work reflects this & then the copied composition is very tecnical & say grade A standard then it would be very suspect that you actually composed it.

For my compositions I used the KISS(Keep It Simple Stupid) method & they were soley based around scales & making the melody using the chords i.e. chord C would have the notes C E G used in the melody.
    If the exam board were to find out you probably would get disqualified, because when you submit the final composition you have to sign to say that you haven't cheated in any way...or at least we did.

A word of advice, if you take A level music, start your compositions really early. I started mine about three months ago and only finished this afternoon. :s
    its about as good as the one i wrote myself. its about a grade c-b standard and im prdicted a b at least. do u think ill get caught? honstly i swear ill never do anything like this again i feel so guilty all the time
    chonyx wrote:
    its about as good as the one i wrote myself. its about a grade c-b standard and im prdicted a b at least. do u think ill get caught? honstly i swear ill never do anything like this again i feel so guilty all the time

As long as you changed some of it, it isn't classified as plagiarism.

And I'm sure you feel guilty for morality's sake, not just for fear of getting caught. :chin: