Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lower uni offers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Will any of the following factors affect a university's willingness to lower a grade boundary or something:

- Taking 4 A2s
- Studying 3 modules at home because there is no way for the school to do it apart from one off tutoring
- My dad died this year which has put a lot of stress on me because I feel like I'm the 'man of the house' now, if you get me, and try to look out for my mum and my sister, and it's 10x more stressful than schoolwork :/. Having said that though - I have actually done more schoolwork since he died, I think it's part of my coping strategy

It's just I want to go to warwick for maths and that's AAB, which I hope I can get, but you never know do you? I went to an open day at birmingham yesterday and they said if there are personal circumstances they might lower grade thresholds because you underperform or something. On the other side, all my exams are modular :/ so I could just retake....
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    They might lower the grades, but i dont think they will. Just make sure you get the grades if your capable. Anouther problem is if they let you in with worse grades, then you may strugle. I did at maths, it was hardness.

Bopz
  • Options
    it would obviously depend on how much lower your grades were as to whether they would still accept u. i think they may take into consideration the death of you dad (sorry to hear that). i think it all depends on how many people have applied and what their grades were. if there are loads of people who get the grades, then ur chances will be lower, but, if there weren't as many people who get the grades, then u will have more of a chance. i think u should still go for it.make them aware of your circumstances. you could also do this to your exam board. i know someone who had their a-levels marked more leniently (sp?) as they had hayfever!?!!i mean come on!!! good luck!