Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

MP3 Players (Again)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm getting a new MP3 player in the next 3 weeks and I have 4 options

1. Wait until all prices fall/New ones come out
2. Get an Ipod Mini See here
3. Get a Zen Touch See here
4. Get a Zen Micro See here

I don't have thousands of songs but the way things are going just now I'm likely to build a couple of thousand so I need the ability to have a little more space than is needed at the moment. I'll only have £200 MAX to spend and I really don't want to spend that much.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    personally zen touch, works well :)

if u can get hold of an iriver u can use that without installing software so u can plug it in at ur friends or something and nick their songs :p

zen touch=good
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    :grump: Zen Touch - Ownage.
    zen touch very good, cheap lots of space, just as good as a ipod but cheaper and easier to install songs, my bros got a ipod and its a pain in the arse to get songs onto it, zed touch very quick ive got almost 2000 songs on in about 10 hours very good
    Go on ebay.co.uk. You can get 20gb ipods for £130!
    How is it a pain to get songs on an iPod? You plug it in, and it does it automatically!
    beacause you have to keep all the songs on the computer if you take them off the next time you update ur ipod it removes the songs u take out of the libary on ur computer and that obviesly slows ur comp down keeping all them songs on there.
    With the zen touch u litreally drop and drag the songs str8 onto it and u dont even need to have the songs on ur comp, much easier
    :thumb: :thumb: zen micro!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: i got that last friday! it's great i'd definetly recommend it!
    yeah thats kwl too, anything that doesnt have a apple label on it is bound to be good, Creative are a much better company
    Spend a little bit more and get a 4g 20gb ipod. Then you will have loads of space for all your music. The ipod also looks great and is easy to use, its really easy to find that particular song you are looking for in a hurry.
    Whilst an IPod looks nice, you can't polish a turd :thumb:
    Does anyone know when the next new MP3 player is going to hit the market?
    nein... es tut mir leid
    If you're still looking for a mp3 player for £200 you could look at these lovelies from [URL=http://www.sony.co.uk/PageView.do?site=odw_en_GB&page=MagazineWithArticleFirstSection&article=1109586889283&section=en_GB_Magazine_Entertainment
    ]Sony[/URL].

Smallest 20gb player on the market, removable battery with 40 hrs playing time, wicked 7 line backlit display(which rotates according to how you hold the player), aluminium body in red, black or silver.

I've got mine on pre-order from Amazon.
    sony's all the way, ive had an nw-hd1 for a while now and its been fantastic. dont get an ipod, its all looks no substance
    iRiver H3xx series can now be upgraded for free to play films. You can convert DVD's to .avi files, so if that's a feature you would want, you might be able to get one for less than £200 on e-bay.

Mind you, it's unofficial software so the upgrade will invalidate the warranty...
    Hi there, just a quick note to let you know that this thread is quite old and posting in it wont prove much use :)
    well whats any kind of advice to a n00b anyway :P
    One month old is hardly dead Pirate - and the post does add something to the debate - especially since a couple of people at work are trying to decide what to buy
    I appologise Jim :)

I'd highly suggest the Creative Zen Touch.
    danswebs wrote:
    beacause you have to keep all the songs on the computer if you take them off the next time you update ur ipod it removes the songs u take out of the libary on ur computer and that obviesly slows ur comp down keeping all them songs on there.

Not if you turn off the auto-update thingy.
    i just recently bought an iPod shuffle cos I wanted something that is really thin and light to carry around with me. I'm not sure how it works with a PC but its great for a mac, as well as having music on I've been using it as a flash drive to hold files too. The sound quality on it is really good, but then again anything would be better than the 3 year old mp3 player I was using, which in its day was ok but it was time to go. I've heard the zen ones are really good the only thing that bothered me about the iPod is that they're quite wide, not exactly comfy to have in your jeans pocket.
    Maybe This is why I've held on for so long. Thanks. I'm definately thinking about getting that one, dunno about getting it from Amazon though. Pity I squandered most of my money I had for a new one a few weeks ago :(

Edit: Don't know about this thing though...
    Data conversion from MP3 / WMA / WAV to ATRAC3 or ATRAC3plus
    Jazza wrote:
    Don't know about this thing though...
    Data conversion from MP3 / WMA / WAV to ATRAC3 or ATRAC3plus

I think Sony push their ATRAC format in technical specs primarily because it allows them to quote the maximum 13,000 track capacity and 40 hour playing time figures.

Using the standard MP3 format you'll obviously get a lower capacity and battery-life and this looks less impressive.