Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

You can stay Dr. Your family can't.......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A South African Doctor who moved to Britain in 1994 has been granted indefinite leave to remain. However, his 2 children (4 and 10m) who were both born in the UK, and his wife have been told that they must "return" to South Africa as they have not lived here for 10 years.

The doctor who is a NHS consultant, and can clearly afford to support his family, has said that he will leave too if his family are forced to go.

I wonder if this ever happens to white doctors.....

Torygraph

Comments

• Options
    That is what you get under a Labour government.
  • Options
    And a Conservative government wouldn't do that, or wouldn't give indefinte leave to the doctor?

Which is it?

We should be told......
  • Options
    Surely the kids are UK citizens?
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Surely the kids are UK citizens?

Apparently they aren't if their parents are on temporary visas. However, to deport UK born kids on the basis that their father now has the right to remain indefinitely is somewhat bizzare, no?
  • Options
    The typical chaotic mess you get with Labour immigration policy (or rather lack of it!).
    But why introduce race into this, are you a closet BNP member?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    The typical chaotic mess you get with Labour immigration policy (or rather lack of it!).
    But why introduce race into this, are you a closet BNP member?

No, actually I'm not a BNP member. I think you'll find that your politics are a lot closer to the average BNP members than mine ever were or will be.

Maybe I'm wrong about the race element. Perhaps you cpould find me evidence of white people in the same situation as the doctor's family, or even of white people in immigration detention centres.

Then I'll have to re-evaluate my whole perspective on the way that tabloid fuelled, right wing racism has driven immigration policy in this country for the last 100 years.......
  • Options
    ftp why are you so obsessed with race? Everything seems, in your view to be involved in racism, its as though you see some gigantic conspiracy everywhere. I'm getting worried by your outlook, its colouring your views on rational debate.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    ftp why are you so obsessed with race? Everything seems, in your view to be involved in racism, its as though you see some gigantic conspiracy everywhere. I'm getting worried by your outlook, its colouring your views on rational debate.

Ooops, you forgot to provide evidence.......

You can pretend that immigration policy isn't fuelled by tabloid driven right wing racism all you like. I can see that it clearly is, and you don't appear to have evidence of white South Africans in the same position.......