Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Free cinema tickets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, know we don't normally allow for advertising but they're offering you all free cinema tickets - here's the blurb -

----

"To confine our attention to terrestrial matters would be to limit the human spirit."
Stephen W. Hawking

REVOLVER ENTERTAINMENT Invite you to attend

A SPECIAL FREE PREVIEW SCREENING OF THE US HIT DOCUMENTARY

bleep.gif

CAN A FILM CHANGE THE WAY WE THINK ?

What the Bleep!? asks the audience to consider the most fundamental of questions: What am I doing here? What are thoughts made of? What is reality? Part documentary, part narrative, What the Bleep!? blends elaborate visual effects and animation with interviews on themes as diverse as quantum physics, biochemistry, psychology and spirituality.

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mystical. It is the source of all true art and science.”
Albert Einstein

To be released here in the UK on 20th May, during the centennial year of Einstein’s most famous discoveries, What the Bleep!? has been considered one of the most thought provoking films of recent years, and promises to offer cinema goers considerably more mental stimulation than the average big screen release.

“I found What The Bleep to be incredibly thought-provoking and inspiring.”
Madonna

What the Bleep!? is a genuine cinematic phenomenon: Who could have predicted that a low budget documentary about quantum physics, released in only one cinema would go on to become the US word-of-mouth phenomenon? Still showing in at least 60 US cinemas over a year after its release, this award winning documentary is poised to take the ‘3rd highest grossing documentary of all time’ spot from ‘Supersize Me’.

“One thing’s for certain: The Bleep is a certified phenomenon.”
The Washington Post

CARDIFF: Saturday 23rd April at 11.00am
BRISTOL: Tuesday 26th April at 3pm
LONDON: Thursday 28th April at 7pm
(Q&A with Dr Fred Alan Wolf will follow)
EDINBURGH: Tuesday 3rd May at 6.30pm
OXFORD: Wednesday 4th May at 6.30pm
LEEDS: Tuesday 10th May at 6.30pm

“After seeing this film I felt I had this weird ability to control the chemistry of my emotions so I’ve got my pom-poms out for quantum physics right now.”
Drew Barrymore

WHAT THE BLEEP DO WE KNOW!? Released countrywide by Revolver Entertainment on May 20th 2005.

RSVP for Venue details: Alexandra Ruane at dda pr on 020 7932 9800 or alexandra.ruane@ddapr.com – seats will be issued on a first come first served basis.

www.thebleep.co.uk

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I saw that movie and to be perfectly honest it wasn't that good. Some of the "scholarly experts" were just actors playing people who they had interviewed. Some of the information wasn't that accurate (although I don't claim to know much about quantum physics i have read a couple harsh critiques from people who do).

But it was still a fun movie to watch anyhow, and it did have some good stuff in it.
    "THE US HIT DOCUMENTARY"?
    Not according to the 1,322 people who voted for it at earths biggest movie data base http://imdb.com/title/tt0399877/ .
    i for one have never voted for a film i have liked on that site, though if a film is bad then i have gone and voted against it

replicate that a few thousand times etc etc
    Hey it's the press release Slippy, it's hardly going to be negative - like I said, they wanted to offer you some free tickets so I figure; why not?
    tempted to see it just to see what the fuss is all about. Its not like I understand Quantam Physics (and as a little child I burst into tears at Alice in Wonderland)