Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

UCAS Extra

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi every one!!
I was just wondering if for some reason i chose that i didnt want to go to the uni that i said i wanted to will i have to apply for ucas extra?
Any way im not too keen on the uni i have said i want to go to what can i do? i have used up all 6 of the uni's that you can apply for and declined the 5 offers..
Can some one give me some help as if i talk to my mother she may have a heart attack for half an hour and give me a good old lecture.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just been readin my UCAS booklet thing, it says about UCAS extra .....

(copied from booklet)

" it will allow you to have another choice at an early stage in the cycle without having to wait until Clearing. It will operate from mid-march to the end of June 2005. Courses which have vacancies are listed at www.ucas.com.

If you become eligible for UCAS extra, we will ask you to choose from two options relating to how you want to use it"

So pretty much go on to the ucas website and see what courses have room for ucasextra and follow what it tells you on the site.

Hope that helps, good luck :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you can use ucas extra if you dont get any offers or if you reject all your offers

you apply to universities one at a time until you get an offer and accept it

i changed my mind about the course i wanted to do so rejected my 5 offers and applied thorugh ucas extra