Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Quetion about repoting teachers

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
How would I go about doing this? Some people have already been to the head of the subject and complained, but nothing's been done.

Probably a good idea if I explain why

About a month ago, we got told that we'd have a supply teacher for one of our lessons, and that our normal teacher won't be back until September.
This supply teacher claims to be good at science, BUT teaches us nothing. The thing is, in just over a month, I'll be doing my science GCSE.
He seems to assume that we remember stuff that we were taught nearly 2 years ago and can't control the class. He doesn't listen to us either and todaay, he was trying to teach us something which me and several other people din't understand, so we had a teaching assistant sat there for 5 minutes and explain this stuff to us. He also was sayig stuff lke 'I feel sorry for you guys, you're doing your GCSEs in just under 2 months and being taught nothing'. He then suggested that a group of us go to the head of science and complain to her and someone said that they'd already tried that and nothing had been done.
He also blames us for misplacing the books and losing them, when it's HIM who loses our books...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sr only going to have the teacher for 2 odd months then it shouldnt be a problem. Its not right that they dont teach you things, but it cant have that much of an effect on you can it? Havent you done work already with your old teacher?

Bopz

P.S. Hope your spelling isn't actually that bad :chin:
    How would I go about doing this? Some people have already been to the head of the subject and complained, but nothing's been done.

Probably a good idea if I explain why

About a month ago, we got told that we'd have a supply teacher for one of our lessons, and that our normal teacher won't be back until September.
    This supply teaher claims to be good at science, BUT teaches us nothing. The thing is, in just over a month, I'll be doing my science GCSE.
    He seems to assume that we remember stuff that we were taught nearly 2 years ago adn can't control the class. He doesn't listen to us either and todaay, he was trying to teach us something which me and several other people din't understad, so we had a teaching assisat st there for 5 minutes and explain tis stuff to us. He also was sayig stuff lke 'I feel sorry for ou uys, you're doing your GCSEs in just under 2 months and being taught nothing'. He then suggested that a group of us go to the head of science and complain to her and someone said that they'd already tried that and nothing had been also.
    He also blames us for misplacing the books and losing them, when it's HIM who loses our books...

Are there any revision classes or other teachers you can go to for clarification on the topics you're struggling with?

I can understand your concern about teaching quality but the school is probably struggling to find anyone better, science teachers are in short supply. You may need to research and teach yourself if you're to achieve your potential. It's extra stress and unfortunate but it will prepare you well for your exams and further study.
    ginner wrote:
    Are there any revision classes or other teachers you can go to for clarification on the topics you're struggling with?

I can't remember if they run revision classes. There are probably other teachers I could go to, but it's finding the time to do that and revise for other subjects as well.
    I can understand your concern about teaching quality but the school is probably struggling to find anyone better, science teachers are in short supply. You may need to research and teach yourself if you're to achieve your potential. It's extra stress and unfortunate but it will prepare you well for your exams and further study.

Fair point. I do try to teach myself, but because it's physics, I struggle with it...
    I can't remember if they run revision classes. There are probably other teachers I could go to, but it's finding the time to do that and revise for other subjects as well.

Fair point. I do try to teach myself, but because it's physics, I struggle with it...

Well I took GCSE physics (singular) back in the day. Feel free to ask questions, if I can help I will. I'm sure there will be others also who'll help where they can.
    ginner wrote:
    Well I took GCSE physics (singular) back in the day. Feel free to ask questions, if I can help I will. I'm sure there will be others also who'll help where they can.

Thanks for that :)
    Should you even be learning new things this close to exam time? We finished learning before Easter when I was doing GCSEs and A-Levels and the time after Easter and before exams was spent doing revision. Perhaps your other teacher, the one he's replacing, was the rubbish one?

When I was doing A-Levels they had someone who wasn't even a teacher taking us for English Lit lessons. She was a thespian and thought that her standing at the front of the class reading Shakespeare to us was good enough. :rolleyes:
    BumbleBee - we finished learning new stuff last week and are just revising now, but for some reason, we need to learn the stuff we were taught in year 10.
    Well Yr10 is part of your GCSE as well.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Well Yr10 is part of your GCSE as well.

Yeah I know. I did get told to tell my tutor, but I don't think she could actually do anything about it.
    bitesize revision on the bbc website (just google bitesize revision, suspect it'll come up!) is rather good for gcse's, I suggest you go take a look... Their revision books are good too, along with... damn, I forget the name, but there are plenty of examination board-specific revision guides in places like WH Smith.

I'm actually studying physics at degree level, and if you find it interesting it's deffinately worth continuing to A-level if not further :)

I'm sure you'll do well! :yes:
    Replicant wrote:
    bitesize revision on the bbc website (just google bitesize revision, suspect it'll come up!) is rather good for gcse's, I suggest you go take a look... Their revision books are good too, along with... damn, I forget the name, but there are plenty of examination board-specific revision guides in places like WH Smith.

I'm actually studying physics at degree level, and if you find it interesting it's deffinately worth continuing to A-level if not further :)

I'm sure you'll do well! :yes:

Yeah, the Letts and Collins ones are good, worth sitting down with one and some past papers if you can get hold of some.

I'm becoming so responsible, I was never like this when I should have been!
    Finally, something (ish) is being done. For some reason, we're getting the blame for it... :rolleyes: