Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Asylum seeker avoids deportation through suicide.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    Would you care to answer now what are your thoughts on oral sex?
    Run out of ideas?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    How do you know what I do in my personal life? You haven't a clue so please refrain from inventing things as you usually do.

Show me one single thing that I've 'invented' or take that remark back.

I await your apology...

Btw, before you reference the obvious, I did not invent this:
    Isn't it rather hypocritical, Rich Kid, to accuse others of sin, and pass judgemental comment on them, when you're making the beast with two backs with someone you aren't married to?

You were the one who said your girlfriend could be pretty sure you weren't gay. From that it's a perfectly reasonable inference that your relationship is not wholly platonic. Sex outside marriage is proscribed, you're doing it - QED, really.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Run out of ideas?
    Not at all.

You, however, ran out of places to hide in a long, long time ago. :D
  • Options
    Ibex wrote:
    You were the one who said your girlfriend could be pretty sure you weren't gay. From that it's a perfectly reasonable inference that your relationship is not wholly platonic. Sex outside marriage is proscribed, you're doing it - QED, really.

It doesn't imply that he has sex with her at all. You are implying that you are homosexual if you don't have sex with your girlfriend, which is a bit offensive if you ask me.
  • Options
    It doesn't imply that he has sex with her at all. You are implying that you are homosexual if you don't have sex with your girlfriend, which is a bit offensive if you ask me.

That is not what I was implying at all. If you had bothered to read the previous few posts, you would have noticed that it is not me who made insinuations about RK's sexuality, which is a very low debating tactic IMHO. All I did was to point out that, assuming RK's relationship is sexual (which he himself hinted it was), then he is having sex outside marriage and therefore, from a Christian point of view, not really in any position to criticise others' sexual antics.

Judge not, lest ye shall be judged...
  • Options
    RK has said he's a girlfriend and he seems to think about her sexually. But that doesn't mean that they have to be having sex. To accuse him off hypocrisy because he's having sex (which I have no evidence of either way and I assume you don't either) seems to be skating on thin ice

His views may be sometimes barking but he deserves the same courtesey as everyone else in not having his views misrepresented
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    RK has said he's a girlfriend and he seems to think about her sexually. But that doesn't mean that they have to be having sex. To accuse him off hypocrisy because he's having sex (which I have no evidence of either way and I assume you don't either) seems to be skating on thin ice

I did say I'd made an assumption - albeit in my judgement a reaosnable one - and pointed out what it was. If RK wishes, he's welcome to tell me that assumption was wrong and I will gladly withdraw the comments I made on the basis of it.
    His views may be sometimes barking but he deserves the same courtesey as everyone else in not having his views misrepresented

He could extend me the same courtesy and apologise for accusing me of inventing things.
  • Options
    He described his GF's breasts as heavy but beautiful so they must be doing something.

Unless he took the "you don't get many of those to the pound" a bit to literally.......
  • Options
    Still awaiting that apology, Rich Kid...
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Thank you NQA, except for the "barking" reference. My views are continually being misrepresented by those who are out to stifle open honest debate with smear and innuendo.
  • Options
    Come on, what have I 'invented?'

You said I 'usually' do, so it can't be all that hard to find an example can it?

YOU are as guilty of smear and misrepresentation - not to mention slander - as anyone you accuse of them.
  • Options
    Ibex wrote:
    Come on, what have I 'invented?'
    You said I 'usually' do, so it can't be all that hard to find an example can it?
    You know nothing about me or my personal life yet you are willing to post, and I quote:
    "when you're making the beast with two backs with someone you aren't married to?"
    implying I'm having sex in an unmarried situation. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME!
    YOU are as guilty of smear and misrepresentation - not to mention slander - as anyone you accuse of them.
    Elsewhere you refer to me as "pig-ignorant, hypocritical, with ill-thought out views ......"

Now perhaps you'll undersatnd why I won't apologise to you. In afct you genuinely disappoint me Ibex because I had you down as a more sensible contributor than most.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    You know nothing about me or my personal life yet you are willing to post, and I quote:
    "when you're making the beast with two backs with someone you aren't married to?"
    implying I'm having sex in an unmarried situation. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME!

You hinted at a sexual relationship. Obviously I don't know for certain whether that's true or not, and if I misread what you posted then I apologise, but I still think my assumption was reasonable given the circumstances.
    Elsewhere you refer to me as "pig-ignorant, hypocritical, with ill-thought out views ......"

I didn't. You misrepresent me. I said you had ignorant, ill-thought-out views. there's a difference.

My comments were a response to what I've seen of your views on here, and no more. You're not usaully slow to denounce others' opinions, but you take umbrage when others do it to you. If you can't take it...
    Now perhaps you'll undersatnd why I won't apologise to you. In afct you genuinely disappoint me Ibex because I had you down as a more sensible contributor than most.

I'm flattered...
  • Options
    Ibex, as I've said I've always considered your postings to be balanced and reasoned, and if I've upset you then I apologise, it was not meant. Friends now?
  • Options
    Yes, as long as you withdraw the accusation that I 'usually' invent things. Make assumptions I may - as we all do - but invent things I certainly do not!