Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

First ever Job interview

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well my sister/brother and mom think its because of my lisp, as there was a french girl there and we both got told no and she has problems comunicating aswell unlike the others

Well so what, im phoning up an agency to get some temp work.. which should help
  • Options
    It is hard at first to look for your first job, when usually they prefer someone with experience. The amount of places that refused to give me an application form when I was 16, soon as I told them I had no experience was frustrating. But you will find a job soon enough.

Just take this down to experience and learn from it.
  • Options
    interview kit =

short sleeved shirt (never a school shirt)
    tie
    black trousers
    black shoes
    and black socks just to be safe
    and depending how nervous you are + your bowel control, possibly some brown underwear to hide any stains

doesnt matter about going over the top, though act like you have the job allready and your pwn3d totally

getting a job will soon enough pay off your debt concerning the new clothing, hey im nearly 20 and my mum bought me a second pair of black shoes for my current job when i first started

the short sleavedness of the shirt shows both class + style, along with a casualness that they will want and respect, without you having to look liek a local scruff

MrG employment tips = win
  • Options
    i didnt wear a school shirt in the end, was a black suit

and if i wore short sleaved my scars would've been on show.... specially in the cold
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    and depending how nervous you are + your bowel control, possibly some brown underwear to hide any stains
    Ya what? :eek2:

Just remember once you got the interview, they already likewhat they read about you in your application form/CV. Then in the interview you basically take the opportunity to try and sell yourself. Tell them what they want to hear.

Whatever you do, don't be soo hard on yourself that you didn't get the job. Not everyone can be successful in all job interviews. Your time will come.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    sory 2 her dat hellfire
  • Options
    you sir contradict yourself far too much
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    sory 2 her dat hellfire
    :heart:

Marry me?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    :heart:

Marry me?
    Au Naturelle.
  • Options
    ;)
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    its not, employers have the right to take on the best person for the job
    Yeah but it sucks for the person jobhunting. thats what i meant.
  • Options
    Yeah but it sucks for the person jobhunting. thats what i meant.
    fair cop