Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

14-18 get their chance to vote

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    benjyuk wrote:
    for what ...regular or sugar free?
  • Options
    for the general election
  • Options
    half the kids wont know what even first past the post is, or any of the other systems for that matter, i know some will, but not all do

and policies adopted affect everyone, not just teenagers, top up fees has allready been passed, and add to the fact policies are not adopted at the general election, a government once elected will put forward proposals from its manifesto

i could see the argument from 16, as that is when you can start work and start likely paying taxes in many cases, that is a good point, but taxes do not = vote

vote = been not in prison and over 18, its supposed to show that the vote is yours and not the states, its the whole point of a secret ballot

http://www.cyberbritain.co.uk/electionblog/index.php
    this website would also be the same one taking the piss out of every thing leftright and centre (no pub intended)

id rtaher happily if i was under 18 put my name forward, but not to a site like that
  • Options
    benjyuk wrote:
    for the general election

and local and county council ones as well
  • Options
    Unless election law has suddenly changed 18 year olds do get the chance to vote.
  • Options
    it says between 14 and 18, so im guessing it means 14/15/16/17