Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Placement Year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi
I am going to be on my third year placement next year, but so far have been unsuccesful in finding a job or even getting to the interview stage. It would be great to hear to from anyone on or who has completed a placement year with any tips on how to get that job, thanks!!
Kate x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should let your tutor know you are struggling to find a placement. Don't ask them to finf you one, but DO ask if they have any leads or contacts you can follow up that may help you get a placement!
    Mazza is right, they also might be able to have a look over your cv and covering letters, or any application forms you've filled in and perhaps give you some pointers where you could improve on them for the future.
    What's the subject? I have a few friends who've been on placements (mostly in the North East) I could ask?
    I did a placement for free!!! That's right got paid nothing working in a hospital pathology lab, I was poor!!! BUT because I was there out of pure interest and not for monetary gain I was treated fantastically, I never once made the tea and was the first person people came to with interesting stuff. In short, a placement year can be more rewarding (and jobs easier to get) if you do it for free. The only problem is cash.....
    i think your university careers office should have lists of places offering placements - check it out! :)
    Ta for the replies, I could get help from the placements office, but im not at uni at the mo, defered for a year as had my son in december, but am going to have to get emailing the woman in there and get her number and chat with her. ta for the replies, and im doing human resource management,

Kate x